Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

New ICN terminal and Korean Air lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New ICN terminal and Korean Air lounge

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2017, 10:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm relatively happy with the KE business class lounge in the main terminal at ICN but I hate the one in the satellite terminal near the DL gates. The latter is all white plastic and turquoise hard surfaces with no comfortable place to sit while the former is a bit worn and faded, but well maintained, with mostly an insipid brownish color scheme and decor. I very much like the almost cubicles (with a good desk and comfy chair) by the windows even if it's necessary to first sit nearby and stalk them until someone leaves.
Old May 3, 2017, 10:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by corbomite
The current shuttle train is being extended to the second terminal and there will be separate public transport links extended from the first terminal.

As for the lounges, the concept of a flagship lounge is still quite alien to both the company and the passengers.
Does this mean that one will no longer enter and exit the airport the usual way for SkyTeam flights? I hadn't been award that the check in areas, security, passport control, and baggage claim were all being moved to the new terminal for SkyTeam flights. I hope this doesn't work out like the new international terminal at ATL, where coming and going from E is very inconvenient and requires and additional (unfortunately infrequent) trip with a landside shuttle bus.
Old May 3, 2017, 10:37 pm

Programs: ALL Gold, MPC Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Does this mean that one will no longer enter and exit the airport the usual way for SkyTeam flights? I hadn't been award that the check in areas, security, passport control, and baggage claim were all being moved to the new terminal for SkyTeam flights. I hope this doesn't work out like the new international terminal at ATL, where coming and going from E is very inconvenient and requires and additional (unfortunately infrequent) trip with a landside shuttle bus.
Yes, check in for KE/DL/AF/KL is being moved to the new terminal and their flights will also depart from there. As for the other Skyteam airlines, MU/CZ are confirmed to be not moving and no news about what the other Skyteam airlines will be doing.

EDIT: Actually all Skyteam airlines will have their check in at the new terminal, but only KE/DL/AF/KL flights will depart from there.

Last edited by corbomite; May 3, 2017 at 10:53 pm
Old May 12, 2017, 12:33 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
According to an English language newspaper here (old article, there is certainly newer stuff in Korean but not every can read it):

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/...022701489.html

The new terminal will have its own bus/subway access. DEFINITELY not the embarrassment that is ATL F terminal.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 8:18 am

Programs: Amex Plat, UA, AA ExPlat, AS, HHonors Diamond, Avis Preferred, Marriott, Priority Pass
With the opening of Terminal 2, what airlines will fly out of terminal 1?
Old Dec 28, 2017, 7:01 pm

Programs: UA MP (Plat)
Originally Posted by naswi
This is from memory (saw a sign about it when transiting in ICN last week).
Terminal 2 will be KE and two or three other SkyTeam partners.
Terminal 1 will be OZ and everyone else.
T2 opens sometime in mid-January.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 7:16 pm

Programs: ALL Gold, MPC Silver
Originally Posted by naswi
All other airlines other than KE/DL/AF/KL
Old Jan 6, 2018, 6:45 am

Some new details on the new terminal at ICN:

Incheon?s Terminal 2 opens later this month : Korean Air, Delta, Air France and KLM will use it, and the restaurants are much better than in Terminal 1-INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily home online
Old Jan 7, 2018, 3:00 am

The KE website (Airport info -> Worldwide Airports -> ICN T2) now has the following info re. lounge access:

KAL First Class lounge

• (Air Side) Upstairs(4F), Opposite Departure Gate 248

Operation time

• (Every day)
  • 04:00 ~ 24:00
Operated by
  • KE's own lounge - Korean Air

Eligible passengers

First Class passengers

KAL Miler Club Lounge

• (Air Side) Upstairs(4F), Opposite Departure Gate 248

Operation time

• (Every day)
Eligible passengers
  • 1. 1 accompanying passenger for SKYPASS Milion Miler Club and Morning Calm Premium Club members in First Class.
  • 2. SKYPASS Milion Miler Club and Morning Calm Premium Club members boarding Prestige Class.
  • 3. The first class passengers of Korean Air operating flights. (in case of code share flights)

KAL Prestige Class Lounge

• (Air Side) 1. Upstairs (4F) of GATE 249 2. Upstairs (4F) of GATE 253

Operation time

• (Every day)
Operated by
  • Korean Air own lounge

Eligible passengers

• 1. Prestige Class passengers
  • 2. a SKYPASS Milion Miler Club and Morning Calm Premium Club member in Economy Class. * 1 accompanying passenger on one of SkyTeam carriers
  • 3. SkyTeam Elite Plus members * 1 accompanying passenger on one of SkyTeam carriers
  • 4. SKYPASS Morning Calm Club members
    • * Entitled to access KAL Prestige Class Lounges owned by Korean Air only, up to four times during the 2-year membership period.
    • * Access available to an accompanying passenger with additional deduction from the access mileage allowance
    • * Lounge access is available on the day of the travel at your departing airport and may be subject to lounge availability.
  • 5. Mileage redemption passengers onboard Prestige Class
  • 6. Prestige Class Passengers on Korean Air operating flights
Old Jan 8, 2018, 12:48 pm

Good news! I'll be going through T2 on the 19th; one day after it opens. I hope they will have their act together.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 8:11 pm

More T2 lounge information is coming up as the opening date approaches. There's a useful figure at this link:

[?? ???] ??? ??? ????? ??, ???? ???? ?? ?? : ??? ??

Hope the uploaded figure is visible for all. 대한항공 is Korean air, 허브 is the SkyHub lounge, 마티나 is Matina lounge, 아시아나 is Asiana. The other airline lounges in T1 are for Jeju air, CX, and SQ. At concourse, MU continues operating a lounge.

Two Matina lounges, one of the popular Priority Pass lounges at ICN T1, will open at T2 of which at least one will accept Priority Pass. The other one, named "Matina Gold", is a premium one and I'm not sure PP will work there. Those two will be next door to each other.

Some blogs report that "Lotte" brand is opening a lounge at T2, which will be likely available for premium credit cards (therefore likely PP also) which is omitted in the figure.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Had to make a res at the new T2 transit hotel and here is some of the information I received with my confirmation email:
Please check out the important information the below.1.This hotel is only for the transit passengers who fly out with Korean Air, KLM, Air France, and Delta Air in Terminal 2.The passengers who fly out with other airlines besides the 4 airlines above should use the Transit Hotel in Terminal 1 because the access to Terminal 2 for them is restricted. 3.Located in the custom area, so please do not pass the immigration.4.Please make sure with your airline that your luggage will be transferred to the final destination.

LocationPlease follow the transit arrows to find boarding gate No. 252 on the 3rd floor. Take the escalator near the gate up to the 4th floor.Cancellation PolicyIf you want to cancel your reservation, please notify at least 48 hours prior to your arrival time. Reserved rooms will be held for 2 hours from the requested check in time.Smoking Policy All guest rooms are 100% non-smoking. A smoking area is located at the departure area of the airport.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 11:54 pm

Flew out of Terminal 2 today and spent some time in the first class lounge. Really pretty spartan: maybe 25 chairs and a dining area, two single-use bathrooms, and one shower room, and a massage chair. Prosecco, one white wine, two red wines - all in the $20 USD range. Also, Jack Daniels, Ballentine scotch, canned beer, soda and juices, water bottles. Food selection was served buffet-style with three mains (two of which were not replenished within two hours), a small salad bar, a soup, bread, small cheese selection, and a few desserts. Most international business class lounges have better offerings. I had higher expectations for a brand new facility.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by flytoeat
Flew out of Terminal 2 today and spent some time in the first class lounge. Really pretty spartan: maybe 25 chairs and a dining area, two single-use bathrooms, and one shower room, and a massage chair. Prosecco, one white wine, two red wines - all in the $20 USD range. Also, Jack Daniels, Ballentine scotch, canned beer, soda and juices, water bottles. Food selection was served buffet-style with three mains (two of which were not replenished within two hours), a small salad bar, a soup, bread, small cheese selection, and a few desserts. Most international business class lounges have better offerings. I had higher expectations for a brand new facility.
I guess it'll always be the weakness for Korean airlines -poor lounge facilities and cuisine. I expected better too.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 12:46 am

I still don't think we've had a better lounge at ICN than the old SKL F which used to be in the main terminal before Concourse A got built...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.