Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

New ICN terminal and Korean Air lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New ICN terminal and Korean Air lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2018, 9:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Aventine
I guess it'll always be the weakness for Korean airlines -poor lounge facilities and cuisine. I expected better too.
Yes this is disappointing.

Seems rather penny wise, pound foolish, as it puts them at a competitive disadvantage with Asian airlines that offer a better connecting experience at their hubs.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:01 pm

I thought that the new KE first class lounge would offer a la carte dining option as the lounge is exclusively for KE first class passengers. The new FC lounge does not allow access for the KE elite customers when they are flying on business class. Maybe, KE will offer more service at the FC lounge I hope.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 9:09 pm

I honestly cannot fathom what could possess someone designing a flagship First Class lounge in this day and age to come up with what KE made.

Without a hint of exaggeration, even the flagship US lounges are looking more impressive. That is really quite an achievement on KE's part, to do something worse than the US carriers.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 10:52 pm

Anyone know where the KE biz class lounge is in terminal 2 (near which gate?) My mom is going through ICN T2 in a couple days and I want to help her with orientation (she's 83). I'm going to book her the T2 hotel since her layover on her way back is 15 hours!

Last edited by dmk11; Jan 23, 2018 at 12:10 am
Old Jan 22, 2018, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by dmk11
Anyone know where the KE biz class lounge is in terminal 2 (near which gate?) My mom is going through ICN T2 in a couple days and I want to help her with orientation (she's 83). I'm going to book her the T2 hotel since her layover on her way back since her layover is 15 hours!

KAL Prestige Class Lounge

• (Air Side) 1. Upstairs (4F) of GATE 249 2. Upstairs (4F) of GATE 253
Good call on the airport hotel - the lounge is not the place to spend 15 hours, especially for a senior.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 12:10 am

Oh that's nice, since the T2 hotel is near gate 252, seems like it's next to the prestige class lounge.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by stargold
I honestly cannot fathom what could possess someone designing a flagship First Class lounge in this day and age to come up with what KE made.

Without a hint of exaggeration, even the flagship US lounges are looking more impressive. That is really quite an achievement on KE's part, to do something worse than the US carriers.

The entire terminal is rather pathetic. They had a chance to do something special and befitting a top 5 airport but they decided to do more of the same! Architecture, facilities, lounges...blah.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by dmk11
Anyone know where the KE biz class lounge is in terminal 2 (near which gate?) My mom is going through ICN T2 in a couple days and I want to help her with orientation (she's 83). I'm going to book her the T2 hotel since her layover on her way back is 15 hours!
I would contact KE to see if they can arrange wheelchair service from the first flight to transit hotel and to the connecting flight gate, especially if she is traveling alone.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 7:35 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, HH Diamond, Fairmont RIP, Hertz Plat, BA Gold
Originally Posted by flytoeat
Flew out of Terminal 2 today and spent some time in the first class lounge. Really pretty spartan: maybe 25 chairs and a dining area, two single-use bathrooms, and one shower room, and a massage chair. Prosecco, one white wine, two red wines - all in the $20 USD range. Also, Jack Daniels, Ballentine scotch, canned beer, soda and juices, water bottles. Food selection was served buffet-style with three mains (two of which were not replenished within two hours), a small salad bar, a soup, bread, small cheese selection, and a few desserts. Most international business class lounges have better offerings. I had higher expectations for a brand new facility.
This is seriously disappointing. Only 1 shower in an international 1st class lounge where people are coming off 12+ hour flights?!?! Are there shower rooms in the business class lounge that 1st passengers can use? My wife and I are coming off a 6 hour red eye and have a couple hours before our 13+ hour flight home. Would be nice to get a shower between flights to freshen up. With only 1 shower room, that means we will need some extra time unless the shower room is big enough for two!
Old Jan 23, 2018, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FFMilesJunkie
This is seriously disappointing. Only 1 shower in an international 1st class lounge where people are coming off 12+ hour flights?!?! Are there shower rooms in the business class lounge that 1st passengers can use? My wife and I are coming off a 6 hour red eye and have a couple hours before our 13+ hour flight home. Would be nice to get a shower between flights to freshen up. With only 1 shower room, that means we will need some extra time unless the shower room is big enough for two!
Better form a queue! Disgraceful if a queue forms in a First class Lounge.
Korean Air really cheaped out on it. The bathrooms are nothing to write home about either and could use more active cleanings.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by flytoeat
Flew out of Terminal 2 today and spent some time in the first class lounge. Really pretty spartan: maybe 25 chairs and a dining area, two single-use bathrooms, and one shower room, and a massage chair. Prosecco, one white wine, two red wines - all in the $20 USD range. Also, Jack Daniels, Ballentine scotch, canned beer, soda and juices, water bottles. Food selection was served buffet-style with three mains (two of which were not replenished within two hours), a small salad bar, a soup, bread, small cheese selection, and a few desserts. Most international business class lounges have better offerings. I had higher expectations for a brand new facility.
Was this the First Class Lounge or the Miler Club Lounge that's specifically for KE F passengers? The First Class lounge in terminal 2 is for other carriers besides KE so it's not a "true" First Class flagship lounge for Korean Air.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 8:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
delete

Last edited by Kacee; Jan 23, 2018 at 8:15 pm
Old Jan 23, 2018, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by hooni212
Was this the First Class Lounge or the Miler Club Lounge that's specifically for KE F passengers? The First Class lounge in terminal 2 is for other carriers besides KE so it's not a "true" First Class flagship lounge for Korean Air.
The First Class Lounge is purely for ticketed KE F pax, and is therefore the flagship lounge. The Miler Club lounge is the one which houses MM/MP in J, and other Skyteam carriers' F (if any).
Old Jan 23, 2018, 8:46 pm

Programs: ALL Gold, MPC Silver
Originally Posted by FFMilesJunkie
KE doesn't care about connecting passengers and airline lounges are merely an afterthought in the Korean airline industry. If you ask any random Korean in the street what they value in an airline lounge, 9 out of 10 will answer that it is the food, and nothing else, is the only thing that matters.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by corbomite
KE doesn't care about connecting passengers and airline lounges are merely an afterthought in the Korean airline industry. If you ask any random Korean in the street what they value in an airline lounge, 9 out of 10 will answer that it is the food, and nothing else, is the only thing that matters.
LOL, then why is the KE and OZ lounge food so terrible? I think it's because they know Koreans won't really object to it and make a fuss.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.