Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using United Lounge Pass on KE?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2016, 11:13 pm
Original Poster

Using United Lounge Pass on KE?

Sorry if this has been addressed before (or is a stupid question) but I'm going to be travelling to Narita airport on Korean Airlines (which I think is part of the Star Alliance Group - keyword think), so if I have free passes to the United Mileage/Star Alliance Lounge, can I use it there? As I'm typing this, I'm realizing this IS probably a stupid question but I'll ask anyways, lol.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 2:20 am

Korean is a Skyteam member.....not *A...sorry!
Old Dec 9, 2016, 2:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Look at the T&C for your lounge pass. Does it require a same day UA or *A flight?

Note that at NRT, KE has a lounge and tends to use gates that are between the DL/SkyTeam area and the UA lounge and UA/*A gates. It's not real close but it's not bad and the UA lounge is MUCH better than the KE lounge at NRT, although IMO it's not as good as the DL lounges there.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 7:52 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Yes you can use it at the NRT UC. A same day boarding pass for flight on any airline is all that's required. Not a great lounge, but they have showers at least.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 10:22 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
The way I am reading the OP's question is OP is traveling TO NRT on KE so this would probably involve lounges in ICN.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 3:44 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Yoshi212
The way I am reading the OP's question is OP is traveling TO NRT on KE so this would probably involve lounges in ICN.
Good point.

If so, there's no UC at ICN and thus no lounge access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.