Search

First vs Business - worth it?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2016, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
First vs Business - worth it?

Hi all,

I currently have two people booked DFW-ICN-RGN in business class for 75K miles. DFW-ICN is on a 777-2, and previously the ICN-RGN flight was on a 737-8. However today I received a aircraft change notification and ICN-RGN is now on an A330-2, meaning there's now an F cabin with the Kosmo suites. I checked and F availability is still there on both flights, and the cost would be 95K per person to get all the flights in Kosmo Suites. I wasn't convinced to do F the first time around when I booked the itinerary since only one of the flights would be in proper F, but now the opportunity is to have both flights in proper F.

My question is if it's worth it to transfer the extra 40K (20K per person) from Chase into my KE account to upgrade the entire itinerary to Kosmo Suites? The Business class seats on these aircraft aren't the Prestige Suites and are only the Prestige Sleeper. Is the F really that much better of an experience/seat?
Old Aug 2, 2016, 8:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Delta Skymiles Platinum
I cannot comment on the 777, but I have flown KE between JFK and ICN on the A380 in both first and business. IMHO it was worth the extra 40K per person extra I spent. The Kosmo Suites are a great way to travel.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 1:06 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
20k miles is a very small cost for a longhaul plus a mediumhaul flight upgrade.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 10:12 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
First to RGN will still be "regional product," not like full on F fanciness with wines etc. as you get to Europe and America. That being said, it's still worth it for that cheap upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.