KE085 Seoul to New York

Old Jul 5, 2016, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
KE085 Seoul to New York

It is a 19:30 departure.

Anyone know if that means they will do dinner or supper service?
Old Jul 6, 2016, 12:31 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
https://kr.koreanair.com/global/en/t...-americas.html

According to the service plan, they will serve a meal in hour 2 and again in hour 12. It's not listed, but they typically serve a "snack" in between (usually shrimp chips, kimbap or a curry bun) with the lights off.

On the old service schedule, they had distinctions between "lunch, dinner, breakfast, supper." Presumably, since it's a 7:30 departure, it will be full meal service in hour 2 (and again in hour 12 since it's not the middle of the flight).
Old Jul 6, 2016, 1:19 pm

Programs: DL Gold / AA Gold
Do you really get more food for dinner than lunch?
Old Jul 7, 2016, 4:15 pm

It's a dinner service. I can't say that it's a whole lot different than the supper service on the outbound night flight from JFK (KE86), but it's slightly more elaborate and there are usually a few more options.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 11:49 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, B6, CX, KE, Latitude, VIFP, Crown & Anchor, etc.
Our last time on KE085 ICN-JFK, dinner service was about 2 hours after wheels up, after beverage services (in the main cabin) - typical selections, beef stew over rice and seafood w. pasta, small side salad w. cold shrimp, bun & dessert cake, etc. Congee choice was pretty boring, plain (perfect for those wanting a very light meal, LOL) ... if I can find those pictures later on, I can link it here (nothing to get excited for.)

Lights were dimmed right after & water/beverages offered by FA coming down the aisles while the other half took their breaks - don't recall if they came around with snacks, as we slept for a few hours.

We came from the KE lounge upstairs and munched on a few items before boarding so we weren't exactly hungry, hungry. Breakfast was served 2 hours before landing and lights back on full - no more, no less than the breakfast served on KE086. If I recalled correctly, they had chips or snacks in the rear gallery, DIY - didn't noticed anyone getting cup-a-noodles, unlike CX on their long haul runs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.