Wiki Posts
Search

Credit Card Verification

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2015, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Credit Card Verification

Hi Everyone,

My first time flying with Korean Air and have been subject to their odd credit card verification procedure after booking a ticket on their website. After booking, it said the credit card must be presented at check-in. However the email I received said to print out a form and to bring it to a Korean Air office... Called in and they said to disregard that and that everything will be handled at the airport on the day of departure. Hopefully that is correct.

Also I noticed that Korean Air hasn't charged my credit card. They did put a pre-authorization for the ticket amount, but that pre-authorization has disappeared and there is no charge on my credit card. Itinerary is still showing up on the Korean Air website and I'm able to select seats. Also showing up on CheckMyTrip as confirmed. Is this normal? Are they going to wait until my departure date to actually charge me?

Thanks
Old Nov 29, 2015, 4:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
What did KE say when you called them to ask about the missing debit?
Old Nov 29, 2015, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

I didn't ask them about it. I called in about the verification procedure after receiving the email and they told me it was ok to just do it at the airport so I left it at that.

A few day afterwards, I logged onto my credit card account online on an unrelated matter and noticed the preauthorization was no longer there and there was no charge on my account.

I'll wait a few more days to see if anything appears on my statement and if not I'll give them a call again. Was just curious to see if Korean Air normally does this since they already have oddball procedures like this whole verifying credit cards in person policy. Also I noticed a hotel I booked which required full prepayment for the rate that I was given has also done a pre-auth on my card for an unusually long time but hasn't posted the charge to my card yet either. Perhaps it's just the way things are done over there.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 7:47 pm

Programs: QF Bronze, OZ Diamond, KE
Yes it's fairly normal (happened to me flying out of the US). When not booked by a travel agent, at check-in KE will ask for the credit card used to pay for the booking (I recall you have to fill out a small form that they keep). Forgotten how long it took for the actual charge to come up.

Check the other threads out as this has been discussed before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.