Community
Wiki Posts
Search

747-8i info?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2015, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by arthurhs
There's no separate upper deck jet bridge. You need to walk down the stairs after the rest of the lower deck J passengers have walked out.
Thanks for the response. Doesn't seem so bad if I only have to wait for lower deck J and F passengers to get off first.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 7:56 pm

Jetbridge to the upper deck is a unique feature of the A380 (and quite necessary, given the number of passengers on the UD). AFAIK the doors on the upper deck of all 747s are designed for emergency exit only.

In practice, the stairs from upper deck lands on the main deck near the door, and upper deck passengers deplane at the same time as the main deck J passengers (rather than having to wait until after).
Old Dec 13, 2015, 9:31 pm

1 A/J narrower?

Travelling with wife SFO-ICN next year, looking forward to the 747-8i but from the few pictures available it looks to me like the first row in F have narrower seats?
The trip report from earlier this thread shows seats in row 2 with a closet next to the seat and the sliding doors on the other side of the closet, but it seems that row one does not have such a closet, just the sliding door which maybe makes the seat narrower?(Maybe the two closets in the nose are for row 1?)

We have enjoyed CX F, OZ F and even UA F in row one of the 747, but now wondering if maybe row 2 is better for KE in terms of space.

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks
Old Jan 3, 2016, 5:05 pm

Hopefully someone else responds before your trip. But could you also let me know your recommendations on your question once you've traveled. Thanks.

Originally Posted by adlibitum
Travelling with wife SFO-ICN next year, looking forward to the 747-8i but from the few pictures available it looks to me like the first row in F have narrower seats?
The trip report from earlier this thread shows seats in row 2 with a closet next to the seat and the sliding doors on the other side of the closet, but it seems that row one does not have such a closet, just the sliding door which maybe makes the seat narrower?(Maybe the two closets in the nose are for row 1?)

We have enjoyed CX F, OZ F and even UA F in row one of the 747, but now wondering if maybe row 2 is better for KE in terms of space.

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks
Old Jan 4, 2016, 10:43 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks
When is your trip? I fly this in a few weeks time (unless a/c is swapped). As long as I remember to check I can post an answer if it will be of use.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
When is your trip? I fly this in a few weeks time (unless a/c is swapped). As long as I remember to check I can post an answer if it will be of use.
Thanks, our trip is not until November so if you were able to check it would be appreciated!
Old Jan 9, 2016, 3:13 pm

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks
Any answer on that? I'm booked 1A in May and have the same question.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 3:49 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Any answer on that? I'm booked 1A in May and have the same question.
I have already posted I will fly this in a few weeks and will check and post the answer (as long as a/c type doesn't get changed & I remember).
Old Jan 9, 2016, 3:59 pm

I have already posted I will fly this in a few weeks and will check and post the answer (as long as a/c type doesn't get changed & I remember).
Many thanks, I wasn't sure when your travel was. I also have the option of staying in ICN for a night and taking the A380, obviously that doesn't have the NEW suite, but it does have the all the lounge areas. Alas, this will be my first opp for the 748i, so I think I'll stick with my plan.

Appreciate your insight, and safe travels - Jamie Baker
Old Jan 26, 2016, 2:15 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

The closets in the nose are indeed for row 1. There are no overhead bins. Rows 2 & 3 have a closet in the suite that is large enough for a decent size rollaboard and to hang jacket or clothes (but perhaps not both unless your carry-on is small).
Old Jan 26, 2016, 2:19 pm

The closets in the nose are indeed for row 1. There are no overhead bins. Rows 2 & 3 have a closet in the suite that is large enough for a decent size rollaboard and to hang jacket or clothes (but perhaps not both unless your carry-on is small).
Does this influence your view on what the best Suite(s) is/are?
Old Jan 26, 2016, 6:46 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Does this influence your view on what the best Suite(s) is/are?
I haven't formed a view but was very happy with row 3. It seemed row 1 is less spacious, but I didn't get to test that. I'll try a different seat next week.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 9:26 am

I haven't formed a view but was very happy with row 3. It seemed row 1 is less spacious, but I didn't get to test that. I'll try a different seat next week.
thanks a lot for the update. Perhaps the seats are the same size but row 1 just has the closets separated? look forward to any more updates

thanks
Old Jan 27, 2016, 12:37 pm

thanks a lot for the update. Perhaps the seats are the same size but row 1 just has the closets separated? look forward to any more updates

thanks
So torn on this. Love the fuselage curve that's apparent in Row 1, plus the reduced foot traffic since an FA will only appear to assist your Row. Very reluctant to embrace Row 3, though added room would be nice.

A high grade problem to have, for sure.

Jamie
Old Jan 28, 2016, 12:16 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

thanks
The wall of the suite is definitely further from where you sit in rows 2 & 3 than in row 1 because it angles across to the aisle edge of the closet, whereas in row 1 it is straight.

Conversely I think the wall of the cabin is further from where you sit in row 1 than in rows 2 & 3. Given there is already considerable space on that side (for the table and shelf), I suspect row 1 suite feels smaller than rows 2 & 3.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.