Korean Air Gone From Chase UR!!!

Old Nov 21, 14, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage LG, MP, BAEC, UR
Korean Air Gone From Chase UR!!!

Hey,

I just saw a post online saying that Korean Air Skypass was removed from Chase's Ultimate Rewards Airline Travel transfer partners. I signed in to my Ultimate Rewards account and sure enough, no more Korean Air!

Anyone have any idea what could be going on here? My early guess is perhaps Korean was a bit pissed off when Chase added Singapore KrisFlyer as a transfer partner and maybe felt there wasn't enough room for two Asian carriers in UR's? Who knows, just guessing here because I'm shocked.

Glad I decided to book my tickets sooner than I needed them for to Thailand shortly, feel bad for anyone who was getting ready to transfer. Seems like a done deal, or maybe just an UR's site update?

Anyone?
Old Nov 22, 14, 1:02 am

People were also selling UR points -> KE miles through miles brokers which could have raised a red flag, given that KE doesn't even allow third party redemptions.
Old Nov 22, 14, 7:39 am

This stinks. I don't recall Chase sending out a notice that this was happening. They could have let us know.

This looks permanent. I checked KE's website and Chase is no longer listed as a credit card partner. The only option is their US Bank Visa card for the US.
Old Nov 22, 14, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by tridentnyc View Post
[...]Glad I decided to book my tickets sooner than I needed [...]
Same here. Regarding Chase giving folks a heads-up, why would they? More information here; looks like it is a done deal.
Old Nov 22, 14, 9:29 am

Well this sucks big time...
I have a ton of chase ur i want to transfer to ke... wth...
Old Nov 22, 14, 7:44 pm

this sucks. I think I will probably get rid of Chase now. it's completely useless now.
Old Nov 22, 14, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage LG, MP, BAEC, UR
I already sent email and Twitter complaints wanting to know:

1. Why weren't Chase customers given any warning this was about to happen?

2. Is this temporary or permanent?

As this story broke over the weekend it will be until Monday before any concrete answers start appearing. I would suggest everyone complain LOUDLY to Chase about this, if it indeed is a permanent move. What the hell good is racking up points on a number of Chase cards (I have four) if when you're just about to transfer them you get blindsided with this sort of nonsense?

Very uncool indeed.
Old Nov 23, 14, 1:31 pm

Programs: DL Silver/MM, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
It looks like the sky (or should I say Skypass) may not be falling after all. Chase reps are now advising "Chase is not currently processing point transfers to the Korean Air SKYPASS program. We will update the Ultimate Rewards Web site when the functionality returns."

I got this response in a secure message, and others are reporting getting the same exact message.
Old Nov 25, 14, 10:16 am

Just re-checked KAL's website and Chase UR is back as a partner! Although KAL is still not listed as a transfer partner on the UR site but this might be good news.
Old Nov 25, 14, 11:59 am

Yeah, I got a response to my email from KAL/KE:

Originally Posted by Korean Airlines
Dear Mr. Zippy The Pinhead

[...]

Please be advised that this is a temporary suspension due to Chase’s SKYPASS mileage conversion page requiring additional modification to certain functions.

Although the renewal date has not been set, we are continuously working with Chase to find the possible resolution to the current issue.

If you have any additional inquiries, please contact Chase for further assistance.

Thank you for your kind understanding.
Old Nov 25, 14, 1:24 pm

That's good news!

I've been switching my automatic payments from Chase to another credit card due to this mess.
Old Dec 3, 14, 11:20 am

Programs: DL Silver/MM, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Has anyone heard any updates as to when we will be able to transfer Chase UR points?
Old Dec 11, 14, 1:41 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Richard1148 View Post
Has anyone heard any updates as to when we will be able to transfer Chase UR points?
I would like to know as well. I wonder what kind of time frame we are looking at.
Old Dec 11, 14, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Expl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by HawaiiO View Post
That's good news!

I've been switching my automatic payments from Chase to another credit card due to this mess.
That's a good move. Another, as I've just done is, to secure message Chase saying that I won't be using any of its credit cards until the partnership is restored.
Old Dec 11, 14, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by Thunderroad View Post
That's a good move. Another, as I've just done is, to secure message Chase saying that I won't be using any of its credit cards until the partnership is restored.
hope u stick with it!

Search this Thread