Wiki Posts
Search

First time Korean Air passenger

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2014, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: 2006 NW SE; 2007 NW GE; 2008-2009 NW PE; DL PM
First time Korean Air passenger

First time flying Korean Air on Delta award ticket. ATL--ICN--MNL. Will be flying economy, I am Delta Platinum, and a few questions for anyone who can help.

1. If I call Korean Air will they be able to assign me a seat or will I have to wait until checkin at ATL?

2. Does the Korean Air lounge at ICN allow Delta Platinum flying economy access?

3. Does Korean Air have anything like Delta Economy Comfort seats?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 12:10 pm

1. I think it is 30 or 60 days out from the flt before u can be assigned a seat.
KE should be able to do it for u.
Some seats are blocked out though.

2. Not sure.

3. All economy seats are the same.
The economy seats have good legspace however, 33-34"

Originally Posted by orftomnl
First time flying Korean Air on Delta award ticket. ATL--ICN--MNL. Will be flying economy, I am Delta Platinum, and a few questions for anyone who can help.

1. If I call Korean Air will they be able to assign me a seat or will I have to wait until checkin at ATL?

2. Does the Korean Air lounge at ICN allow Delta Platinum flying economy access?

3. Does Korean Air have anything like Delta Economy Comfort seats?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 6:05 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
DL PM is SkyTeam Elite+, so you'll have access to all SkyTeam lounges (except dedicated F lounges) even in Y provided you're on or connecting to/from a same-day international flight.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 8:54 am
formerly ltabi

Programs: AA PLT, Hyatt Explorist
Advance Seating Assignment is available 90 days out via online or calling an agent.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 8:42 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
You'll get prestige class lounge access. You can select seats over the phone 90 days out. Exit row and bulkhead are only available at check in. There's no economy comfort. Every economy seat on KE has 35" pitch and is very comfortable.

I make the ATL flight every year (KE 36) to and from home here in Korea. Happy to answer any other questions. I've got that service schedule down haha.

Tip: I flew to MNL last year, too, right after coming from ATL. Korean will often bump up passengers to business seats with economy service in Asia. They did it for me (silver) and two friends with no status.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 4:14 am

You can also register to their frequent flyer program and tell them to assign your skypass number to the reservation, so you can choose your seat online.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by mquads
You can also register to their frequent flyer program and tell them to assign your skypass number to the reservation, so you can choose your seat online.
Can they actually change a DL award ticket (what OP booked) to have a SkyPass number in their PNR?
Old Jan 29, 2014, 3:11 am

Yes. I did it few days ago on DL award ticket and last year on OK award ticket.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by mquads
Yes. I did it few days ago on DL award ticket and last year on OK award ticket.
Thanks for the tip. I actually just used the DL site to replace my SkyMiles number with my SkyPass number. The KE website barfed on seat selection, but the mobile app allowed me to pick seats. Then used DL.dumb to change back to my SkyMiles number and ExpertFlyer still shows the seats I selected on KE as occupied. This is a nice strategy. Hmmm, wonder if VA Velocity Rewards will work the same way. They seem to really dislike tickets issued on other carrier stock…
Old Feb 6, 2014, 9:13 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Or you can just call to get the same seat map and only have to use one frequent flyer number. They hold the same 50% open before check in through all channels. At check in time, the other 50% opens up.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 12:17 pm

Bear in mind that KE give you different seatmap availability based on fare class and status, so I'd assume that STE+ status on the PNR would give a better choice of seats compared to Skypass no status.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by mtkeller
Thanks for the tip. I actually just used the DL site to replace my SkyMiles number with my SkyPass number. The KE website barfed on seat selection, but the mobile app allowed me to pick seats. Then used DL.dumb to change back to my SkyMiles number and ExpertFlyer still shows the seats I selected on KE as occupied. This is a nice strategy. Hmmm, wonder if VA Velocity Rewards will work the same way. They seem to really dislike tickets issued on other carrier stock…
You can ask Delta at Twitter for VA seating. Worked for me on the same DL award ticket
Old Mar 6, 2014, 8:19 pm

Programs: 1865 Voyager, GHA Black, *G, KFEG, OWR, MPCS.
Flying can-icn-jfk soon. Seat reserve is pathetically only 6 for selection for icn-jfk leg...
Old Mar 21, 2014, 6:25 am

Question Following the previous questions... .

When I choose my seat some 90 days before flying, will it give me a chance to choose my meals as well? There was no option for choosing meals when I made the reservation (economy).
Thanks!
Old Mar 23, 2014, 8:30 am

Might have to call them up.
I couldnt find an online section to set meal preferences as well.

Calling them up would probably work.

Originally Posted by TheShis
When I choose my seat some 90 days before flying, will it give me a chance to choose my meals as well? There was no option for choosing meals when I made the reservation (economy).
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.