Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

which is the best seat for J in A380?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2014, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Trying to reserve a seat for my sister. She will be traveling solo. Which would be a quiet seat with good air ventilation? All exit seat at Row 20 are reserved. Which of the 3 mini cabins from the upper deck would have less traffic?

Last edited by metoo; Jan 9, 2014 at 6:59 am
Old Jan 9, 2014, 10:15 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I like the forward cabin (fairly small and no through traffic), but that one seems to fill up quickly.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 12:04 am

Programs: KE MC, UA Gold, Starwood Plat / Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold
I agree with Kiwi that the forward cabin is probably best. The rear cabin gets a lot of foot traffic for people headed to the bar.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 1:07 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
... and to complete the picture, the middle cabin is large
Old Jan 10, 2014, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Was trying to get bulkhead in the rear cabin window seat, but KE says won't be released til 24 hours ahead of time.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 2:14 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Was trying to get bulkhead in the rear cabin window seat, but KE says won't be released til 24 hours ahead of time.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 7:52 am

Old Dec 17, 2015, 7:56 am

I've never tried a window J seat on the A380 (for that matter on any KE aircraft), and I'm wondering how difficult it is to climb over your neighbor in lie-flat mode.
I'm trying to select a seat for a family friend who is flying ICN-JFK on the A380 in J, and he loves window seats.
One thing that concerns me a bit is that he is in his 70s and is not the fittest person in the world, so depending on how much space there is, he might have a difficult time climbing over his neighbor.
Would he be OK in a window seat?
Old Dec 21, 2015, 10:14 am

Programs: United - PG, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by agjil
I've never tried a window J seat on the A380 (for that matter on any KE aircraft), and I'm wondering how difficult it is to climb over your neighbor in lie-flat mode.
I'm trying to select a seat for a family friend who is flying ICN-JFK on the A380 in J, and he loves window seats.
One thing that concerns me a bit is that he is in his 70s and is not the fittest person in the world, so depending on how much space there is, he might have a difficult time climbing over his neighbor.
Would he be OK in a window seat?
My Mom is 70 and in fairly good shape for her age, and it was necessary for me to wake up to allow her access to the aisle. It might be doable when there is some light but the cabin is dark most of the flight.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 7:22 am

Safe to say that on the 380 and 777 in J if you want to avoid climbing over or being climbed over, choose a middle aisle seat?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.