Wiki Posts
Search

Power/USB outlet in Y

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2013, 11:36 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Power/USB outlet in Y

I've had some conflicting infos from KE website and an agent that informed me. Can someone confirm that in KE economy onboard the 380s & 77Ws that there is a USB port for every seat and a power outlet for every 3 seats. Will I be able to recharge my ipad with that USB port or will I need to use the power outlet to recharge?
Old Nov 7, 2013, 8:21 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
You most definitely cannot charge an iPad using KE's USB ports. I found that out the hard way on one of the "new seats" 773ER ICN-ATL.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 9:27 am

Programs: KE Skypass, Morning Calm
On the 777-200 the usb outlet in the seat back worked fine in powering my iPod Touch but not, as mentioned, an iPad. As I recall, there are at least 2 power outlets per 3 seats, each one located near the floor between the seats. In my observation, the vast majority of passengers do not use the power outlets but quite a few were using the usb outlets for their smartphones.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 3:15 am

Programs: CX Gold
Were there any upgrades to the USB power ports in economy seats? Can they already charge an ipad?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.