Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Rage incident during KE flight

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2013, 2:42 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold
It is Prime bakery used to provide items for Korean National Rail.
Old May 1, 2013, 9:43 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Ummmmmmm isn't the only "well known bakery chain" here Paris Baguette?!

Also, my two cents on this "Constitution debacle." For the Constitution to be respected in Korea, first the police have to be.
Old May 1, 2013, 9:47 am

and a Google Translate of a Naver article?! Google doesn't even have real maps here, God forbid real Korean grammar!
Old May 1, 2013, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA Plat /KE mc/OZ Diamond /Marriott gold/ SPG gold
Originally Posted by deltaflyinglawyer
this is the English translation of the constituion of the Repulic of Korea.
see paragraph 4. article 27.

Article 27 (1) All citizens shall have the right to be tried in conformity with the Act by judges qualified under the Constitution and the Act.

(2) Citizens who are not on active military service or who are not employees of the military forces shall not be tried by a court martial within the territory of the Republic of Korea, except in case of crimes as prescribed by Act involving important classified military information, sentinels, sentry posts, the supply of harmful food and beverages, prisoners of war and military Articles and facilities and in the case of a proclamation of extraordinary martial law.

(3) All citizens shall have the right to a speedy trial. The accused shall have the right to a public trial without delay in the absence of justifiable reasons to the contrary.

(4) The accused shall be presumed innocent until a judgment of guilt has been pronounced.

(5) A victim of a crime shall be entitled to make a statement during the proceedings of the trial of the case involved as under the conditions prescribed by Act.

sorry, i guess my crude attempt at a joke didn't work out very well. Let me try this again. Culturally, you are guilty until proven otherwise. I am ashamed to say this, since its my own, but us, koreans, do enjoy accusing others, with preface of "well, if you prove yourself, then all well~ NEXT!!" kind of behavior.

Of course the constitution will actually say you are innocent until proven guilty.
Old May 1, 2013, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA Plat /KE mc/OZ Diamond /Marriott gold/ SPG gold
Originally Posted by A_Lee
Which bakery is it? You mean to say that the bakery has now completely closed down due to this incident? If so, the Korean netizens really have some power.

As for the Posco guy, nothing like doing an immediate turnaround at LAX on a transpac mileage run. Only problem is his KE miles might not be doing him much good in the future if KE blacklists him. Maybe use them on Delta.
lol now this is funny.
Old May 1, 2013, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
Originally Posted by mikesaidyes

Also, my two cents on this "Constitution debacle." For the Constitution to be respected in Korea, first the police have to be.
So true! On both points.
Old May 2, 2013, 12:26 am

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
When I first came to Korea, I think Crown Bakery was the major chain. There was also a New York Bakery, but it was even worse than Crown Bakery, and I haven't seen them recently. Crown Bakery is no where near as common these days as it once was, due probably to being not as good as Paris Baguette which quickly overtook it. There's Shany bakery, but they mainly just supply stores and restaurants with bread products, and don't have any actual stores as far as I know. But they own Paris Baguette, or so I've been told. Sanlip is another bakery doing similar business to Shany. Then of course there's Tous Les Jours, owned by the CJ group, which is probably on par with Paris Baguette. Actually I prefer their products over Paris Baguette, as I do most products made by the CJ Group. Unfortunately, CJ Group has the absolute worst marketing department ever of any major corporation on the planet. They totally drive me crazy, so rather than letting their marketing bug the heck out of me, I simply pretty much don't buy their products. Well, getting off topic here, but as an example, if you go to a CGV theater, they flash the movies playing in each theater up on a monitor, but before you can read the showtimes, etc., they change the display to a different movie. Why can't they simply just leave one frigging movie displayed on one single monitor so I can read it. I just give up and walk away, even though their theater is the most convenient, I go to another one that doesn't have an idiot designing that nonsense. Not just CGV, but they do almost the same thing on some of their restaurant businesses. They really do their best to convince me to not buy their product after I already decided their product is the best. Simply amazing that they allow such a fool in charge of their marketing. Sorry for the rant.

Anyways, I'm sure there's a few other bakery chains as well, but cannot think right off the top of my head. But certainly at least in the areas I've seen, currently Paris Baguette is number one in number of stores, followed by Tous Les Jours.
Old May 2, 2013, 2:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
A_Lee, you are on a roll! Pun intended!

But pretty much I agree with what you wrote.
Old May 4, 2013, 11:37 pm

Korean netizens can be scary. Really scary.
Old May 5, 2013, 6:20 pm

Programs: DL, CX
That is very true.
Originally Posted by Zilchster
Korean netizens can be scary. Really scary.
Old May 6, 2013, 9:02 am

This is where I share http://www.koreabang.com with the world. God, I love it. Minus that whole article about the Ilbe losers and their anti-gay comments. It is what it is. I think that's the one time I am happy I am not fully fluent in Korean.
Old May 6, 2013, 9:04 am

More importantly, this: http://www.koreabang.com/2013/storie...ory-ramen.html

and thank you, KoreaBang for the glossary. My life is complete.
Old May 6, 2013, 9:07 am

More importantly, this: http://www.koreabang.com/2013/storie...ory-ramen.html

and thank you, KoreaBang for the glossary. My life is complete. Also, the comments are a gem. I'm looking at you "Woori Bank employees have to know how to deal with POSCO employees."
Old May 8, 2013, 6:51 am

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
Yet another incident, this time with a salesman from Namyang Dairy yelling at one of it's distributors, and the netizens took action, causing serious trouble for Namyang.

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20130508000777
Old May 10, 2013, 4:48 am

Ah the mighty chaebol

http://www.hani.co.kr/arti/english_e...ss/586469.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.