FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Korean Air | SkyPass (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/korean-air-skypass-621/)
-   -   Decoding Korean Air Fare Class (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/korean-air-skypass/1408978-decoding-korean-air-fare-class.html)

ephesus12 Nov 19, 2012 2:47 pm

Decoding Korean Air Fare Class

I am considering flying Korean from JFK to MNL via ICN, and I want to get SkyMiles credit. I understand that depending on the Korean Air fare class, the SkyMiles accrual is 0%, 70%, or 100%. However, through every page in the Korean Air booking process, I can't determine the letter fare code. Instead, I see only Economy: Saver, Value, Promotional, Special, Classic, and Flex. Can someone help me decode this? Thanks very much.

mtkeller Nov 19, 2012 4:14 pm

Welcome to FT!

Click through to the review flight details page. It will then give you a link for fare basis information. The first character of the fare basis will give you the booking class to compare with DL's chart.

ephesus12 Nov 19, 2012 6:08 pm

Thanks very much mtkeller.

smith80678 Jul 5, 2013 1:52 pm

Economy Saver Plan a pleasant trip with our Economy Saver fare *Fees for change/refund/stopover apply. One year validity. Partial accrual of SKYPASS miles. Fare rules

Economy Value Enjoy our Economy Class service with a more attractive fare *Fees for change/refund/stopover apply. One year validity Fare rules

Economy Promotional Enjoy our Economy Class service with a more attractive fare *Fees for change/refund apply. One year validity Fare rules

Economy Special Enjoy our Economy Class service with a more attractive fare *Fees for change/refund apply. One year validity Fare rules

Economy Classic Economy fare upgradable with SKYPASS miles *Fees for change/refund apply. One year validity. Upgradable with SKYPASS miles Fare rules

Economy Flex Flexible Economy fare with change fees upgradable with SKYPASS miles
*Fees for change apply. Refund service charge may apply.One year validity. Upgradable with SKYPASS miles Fare rules

mikesaidyes Jul 7, 2013 9:59 pm

If you are booking on KoreanAir.com, it will list the fare class next to the flight information. You can also click on "fare Information" and it will list the class or a list of letters. The class is the first letter.

You can also get it from the customer service center.

I get SkyMiles on my KE flights. They always accumulate (K,E,H,Y,B,M). The only flights that don't are Q class, I believe, and those are the fares that are obviously cheaper. They are more common here in Korea.

Rampo Jul 8, 2013 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by mikesaidyes (Post 21058233)
I get SkyMiles on my KE flights. They always accumulate (K,E,H,Y,B,M). The only flights that don't are Q class, I believe, and those are the fares that are obviously cheaper. They are more common here in Korea.

Just a minor clarification - KE Q fares earn 70% miles.

yorock May 7, 2014 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by Rampo (Post 21062200)
Just a minor clarification - KE Q fares earn 70% miles.

But KE Q fares don't earn any DL Skymiles, right?

mikesaidyes May 8, 2014 6:04 am

Correct. You get KE Skypass miles at 70%, but no DL Skymiles at all.