Wiki Posts
Search

Domestic Prestige class?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2010, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: AirNZ Koru
Red face Domestic Prestige class?

Am planning on flying Gimpo to either Jeju or Busan later this year in prestige, but don't know what to expect? What is the inflight service like and seats? Is there access to a lounge at either airports? Thanks!
Old Jun 24, 2010, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by grabaflyer
Am planning on flying Gimpo to either Jeju or Busan later this year in prestige, but don't know what to expect? What is the inflight service like and seats? Is there access to a lounge at either airports? Thanks!

In-flight service is nothing, but just a cup of drink. Seat is what you would normally expect on a narrow-body aircraft. Lounge are available at Gimpo, Jeju, and Busan. Have been to the lounge in Busan once, and nothing exceptional to write about.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 3:07 pm

yes

Yes, the cabin service is the same for J and Y. You get a non-alcoholic beverage served in a paper cup, and the F/As have to serve the whole cabin, but when they finish, they will be more than happy to refill your cup. Most Korean domestic flights are really short so they don't really have time to do more than a quick beverage run.

Lounge access is available for a J ticket.

Carfield
Old Jun 25, 2010, 1:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Carfield
Yes, the cabin service is the same for J and Y. You get a non-alcoholic beverage served in a paper cup, and the F/As have to serve the whole cabin, but when they finish, they will be more than happy to refill your cup. Most Korean domestic flights are really short so they don't really have time to do more than a quick beverage run.

Lounge access is available for a J ticket.

Carfield
Interesting! Thanks! So no snacks or anything? What are their lounges like? Drinks, food etc?

Also aircraft is a300, so not exactly a narrow body, and I think flight is about 80mins from seoul to jeju?

Last edited by grabaflyer; Jun 25, 2010 at 1:46 am
Old Jun 25, 2010, 8:31 am

Programs: KE Skypass, Asiana, Virgin, PC, HHonors, SPG, Marriott
Not worth it. Just a 45 mins flight. seats suck.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 4:43 pm

Yes, service is the same as in Y. Seats are bigger. No special amenities. Lounges are okay, nothing like the Prestige or Morning Calm lounges at ICN. I did enjoy that duty free shopping while departing Jeju - decent bargains on premium liquor, though this has nothing to do with class of service.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sansim97
Not worth it. Just a 45 mins flight. seats suck.
Not exactly, I flew with Korean Air last year and have accrued a few skymiles, however not enough to be able to fly anywhere or get a decent upgrade, and I don't plan on flying longhaul too much with them again, so I might as well use them on the domestic flights! What did they have in their lounges anyone?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.