Search

ICN Meeting Place Advice

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2008, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
ICN Meeting Place Advice

Hi - hoping for some expert advice.

My mom and I are planning on a few days in Seoul in March. She will be flying from TPE on Asiana and arriving a couple of hours earlier than I will be from SFO on United.

I was looking at the ICN website and it shows a few arrivals areas.

Does anyone have any advice on where it's likely that we will both arrive -

1. Is it possible it will be the same arrivals area?
2. If not, where is it best to meet my mom?
3. Where should she kill a few hours while waiting for me?

I usually travel with them or arrive before/leave after they do so I can be safely assured they are on their way. This 2-hour gap is stressing me out a bit.

Thanks for any advice!
Old Dec 31, 2008, 11:12 am

From what I remember in April 08, is that Incheon is still one long terminal in terms of entry/exit, and all arrivals exit on the bottom/1st floor of the airport. Although there are different arrival areas (gates, etc), everyone goes through customs/immigrations before exiting, so your Mom should be able to find out which exit gate you will be exiting customs.

She could probably kill a few hours shopping or looking around on the 2nd/3rd floors, and also there is a basement level at the airport. I think there is a spa there too, which could potentially kill some time.

But in all honesty, you shouldn't have problems - the airport itself is like one huge/long terminal and you'd be bound to run into each other if all else fails after you exit customs.

Good luck!
Old Dec 31, 2008, 11:35 am

Finding an easy meeting place outside from immigration and customs is easy as the arrival area/hall (lower level of terminal) is one long terminal. If you search on google for the Incheon airport, they should include diagram and you/mom can agree to meet at a door number, etc.

Killing a few hours is more problematic. The airport once you enter, get your passport stamped for outbound flights is excellent....just not sure if mom can access it from arrival hall. She could try to go to transit area that would permit her to go upstairs (departure level of terminal). If not, there are a few kiosks and stores in the departure area before immigration.

Not sure what's in basement level - again google search should turn something up. Here's the place to start: http://www.airport.kr/eng/airport/
Old Dec 31, 2008, 2:13 pm

Programs: NW, MR SE,
Meeting place in ICN

I hate to add to your stress but you will be arriving in the new terminal used by all of the foreign airlines while your mother will be arriving on the main terminal since she is flying in on Asiana.
I don't know where the passport control and customs area are for the passengers arriving in the new terminal so you'll need to find that out first. I hope someone who has flown in on a foreign airline can tell you that.
Good luck

HJ
Old Jan 1, 2009, 8:59 am

Programs: /usr/bin
The best place to meet is just after Customs in the arrivals area. It's shaped kinda like a boomerang with customs dropping you off at the center of the boomerang. Outside there as you'd expect are flight information boards and plenty of seating. She can grab a bite to eat, some news, and walk around while waiting for you to arrive.

Here's a really crappy map of the arrivals area:

http://ropas.snu.ac.kr/sas06/transport/6b13a.gif
Old Jan 1, 2009, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Hey Everyone -

Thanks a lot for the all the thoughtful replies. I'm going to sit down with Mom and plan this out...Just hoping my flight isn't delayed!
Old Jan 1, 2009, 9:16 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I don't know if there is a left luggage area in ICN, but one idea for your mom in terms of spending time is to take a hotel shuttle to one of the airport hotels and either sitting in the lobby or bar or having a meal in the restaurant. The Hyatt is really nice and close. You could meet her there. I realize this entails a lot of hauling around of luggage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.