Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Indian in Seoul

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2002, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Best Indian in Seoul

Initially, a bunch of us from Australia, Singapore and India felt that the Ashoka in Itaewon is the best, but later discovered the Ganga -- absolutely the best in the world as far as our experiences went.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 9:17 pm

Programs: Skyteam
Originally Posted by Ash-MEL
Initially, a bunch of us from Australia, Singapore and India felt that the Ashoka in Itaewon is the best, but later discovered the Ganga -- absolutely the best in the world as far as our experiences went.
Where is Ganga located? I can't believe there is a best in the world Indian restaurant in Seoul.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 1:00 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Not necessary to go to Itaewon for Indian fare. There is an Indian food deli counter with seating downstairs at Shinsegae in Myeong-dong.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 3:22 am

I like to eat mosburger.
Oishi!
Old Aug 10, 2012, 1:13 pm

Programs: BMI DC Gold, BA Gold, LH SEN, Priority Club Platinum, Nectar purple
Originally Posted by skchin
Where is Ganga located? I can't believe there is a best in the world Indian restaurant in Seoul.
Nor me - the best Indian food in the world is in the UK.

However, I have found a very good Indian/Nepalese restaurant (and I class myself as somewhat of an Indian food connoisseur) in MyeongDong called OM Dristi - http://www.omdristi.com/.

It's on the 4th floor, and you need to take a lift (elevator).
Old Aug 11, 2012, 7:06 am

Ganga has several locations around Seoul. Gangnam branch is located in Samsung's Seocho Town building.

http://www.ganga.co.kr/en/
Old Aug 11, 2012, 8:19 am
hco

Programs: SAS *G
I love Seoul but the offering of good Indian food is rare, IMHO.

One of the few good ones is located just by the mosque on the hill in Itaewon.

Unfortunately, since moving from Korea I have forgotten the name of the restaurant...
Old Aug 13, 2012, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K / CO PLT
When I used to live in South Korea, my family and I loved to eat at Ganga. Ganga serves Koreanized version of Indian food. My favorite part of the experience was their spicy pickled vegetable.

One location I went most to is right next to Apgujeong station in Gangnam, since it was very close to my Korean home. It had a nice 'classy' atmosphere. I am not sure if it is still there though.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:59 am

Programs: AE, MP, DL, AA, Accor Platinum (But aren't we all?)
While serving both Indian and Nepalese food, I think that Everest in Seoul is much better than the restaurants already listed. Definitely worth a shot: http://www.seouleats.com/2010/05/pho...in-dongdaemun/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.