Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Korea
Reload this Page >

Airport Transfer/ Wifi

Airport Transfer/ Wifi

Old Sep 13, 22, 11:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLAT - BONVOY PLAT
Airport Transfer/ Wifi

We're planning our first trip to Seoul, and looking for best way to hire a private car from ICN to Park Hyatt. Is there a reliable "town car" type service that can be booked in advance? Not looking for Uber type, but a more traditional car and driver that we provide flight details to and they are there upon arrival. Any and all info appreciated.

Also, recommendations on company to rent "Wifi Egg" from in advance and pick up at airport or have delivered to hotel? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Old Sep 15, 22, 8:38 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
You can book a driver through local travel services websites like Trazy, Korea Travel Easy, or Klook. Very easy. Or, you can just grab a taxi from the Seoul taxi line outside. They're totally fine and don't try anything. Pay with a credit card, get a receipt, and the taxi fee should be around 60-70,000W. I live in Gangnam (by Gangnam Station) and it's always 60 - and then a taxi to that area from my house is like 7-8,000W. If they try anything - you can contact 1330 Korea Tourism Helpline and they will file a complaint against the taxi driver and he will lose his license.

For WiFi Egg - book in advance for sure for best rates. I have used KT for eleven years living here, and I always recommend them myself for most reliable English service and network quality. You will find other eggs on other websites, and they use the KT network, but are operated and serviced by, IMO, lower quality carriers (Think like Cricket or Boost that use say AT&T network. http://roaming.kt.com
karenkay likes this.
Old Sep 20, 22, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLAT - BONVOY PLAT
Originally Posted by mikesaidyes View Post
You can book a driver through local travel services websites like Trazy, Korea Travel Easy, or Klook. Very easy. Or, you can just grab a taxi from the Seoul taxi line outside. They're totally fine and don't try anything. Pay with a credit card, get a receipt, and the taxi fee should be around 60-70,000W. I live in Gangnam (by Gangnam Station) and it's always 60 - and then a taxi to that area from my house is like 7-8,000W. If they try anything - you can contact 1330 Korea Tourism Helpline and they will file a complaint against the taxi driver and he will lose his license.

For WiFi Egg - book in advance for sure for best rates. I have used KT for eleven years living here, and I always recommend them myself for most reliable English service and network quality. You will find other eggs on other websites, and they use the KT network, but are operated and serviced by, IMO, lower quality carriers (Think like Cricket or Boost that use say AT&T network. http://roaming.kt.com
Thank you so much - this is exactly the info I was looking for. Much appreciate it!
Old Sep 28, 22, 9:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You could book a car service through the concierge at the Park Hyatt, although this might be more expensive.

However, if you don't have much luggage, there's a airport bus stop across the street from the hotel and other nearby possibilities. I'm not sure whether service is operating postCOVID-19.
Old Yesterday, 2:24 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
You could book a car service through the concierge at the Park Hyatt, although this might be more expensive.

However, if you don't have much luggage, there's a airport bus stop across the street from the hotel and other nearby possibilities. I'm not sure whether service is operating postCOVID-19.
Also this. HOWEVER, the road in front of COEX and the bus stops are a CHAOTIC MESS, like really confusing to get around because signage only in Korean, lots of cones and barriers and just traffic. It's not impossible, but important to consider if you're not "quick on your feet" haha. It's going to be this way for the NEXT SEVEN YEARS. Literally. Fact. Giant mega construction project.

Search this Thread