Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Korea
Reload this Page >

PSA: Use letskorail for ticket purchases, skip rail ninja.

Old Jun 20, 22, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite

Just going to toss this out for everyone researching upcoming trips to Korea, especially if it's your first time like it is for me. When you search KTX tickets online, the first site that comes up is "ktxtrains.com" .. this is NOT the official KTX ticket site, but instead is a Rail Ninja site that's made to look official.

https://letskorail.com is the official site, use them. Tickets are much cheaper. As an example, I was fooled and purchased a RT ticket from Seoul to Busan. I was charged $94 each direction after service fees. From "letsgorail.com" the same ticket is only 83,700 KRW (~$65) with no service fees and you get the tickets immediately.

After I found this out while researching the KORail pass, I also learned that there are lots of reports of tickets never being received and no response from customer service with rail ninja. I did get my tickets, but I ended up canceling so I can purchase the 4-day flexible KORail pass instead and am chocking the $50+ I lost to a dumbass tax for my failure to research like I normally do.
kevincrumbs and mikesaidyes like this.

Last edited by seigex; Jun 20, 22 at 1:56 pm

Search this Thread