Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Korea
Reload this Page >

Upcoming Trip to South Korea (April 27 to May 16)

Upcoming Trip to South Korea (April 27 to May 16)

Old Apr 25, 22, 7:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Cryofern View Post
you'd be right off Yeouido, the little island that contains the National Assembly and the financial district (look out for the nice pedestrian-only bridge that takes you there over a park)
so a nice place (mall above subway station should be convenient), but not the closest for the most likely tourist stuff - historical stuff across the river, not too bad via line 1; the more modern/hip (also probably non-financial industries, if business-oriented trip?) stuff a little further east with probably more subway transfers
Thanks for the reply. Mostly looking for access to some historical sites and good food. Not business-related, just PTO, but I usually just want to relax and eat good food. Touristy stuff is take it or leave it for me.
Old Apr 25, 22, 7:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by HawaiiO View Post
Next to subway station is good.
I think it is next to the Line 1 station.
Location seems ok.

Good Location depends on where u want to go and what u want to do?
Thanks HawaiiO, as mentioned in the other comment, mostly good food that's walkable to get to, and access to trains to go to other places.
Old Apr 26, 22, 9:26 pm

Most of the historical and tourist stuff are north of the river.
It is almost all business stuff south of river.

Line 1 does take u to the north part where the palaces, parks n museums are located.

As for food, it is everywhere.
Maybe have to ask hotel staff about good local restaurants nearby.
Old Apr 26, 22, 11:58 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Originally Posted by seigex View Post
Thanks HawaiiO, as mentioned in the other comment, mostly good food that's walkable to get to, and access to trains to go to other places.
Yeouido is an office area, so it's a lot of good restaurants in office buildings, basements of shopping centers near apartment complexes, etc. Pretty dead at night IMO. Like yes, people live there, but they just go home there.
seigex likes this.
Old May 1, 22, 2:02 am

Programs: BAEC-GGL
Originally Posted by Stingyguy View Post
Did you have to pay for the test at the airport? Just curious.
80,000krw
Very smooth process.
You don't have to do the test at the airport, just within 1 day but airport is quick and easy. Result 3 to 4hrs later

80000krw

Arrivals

Testing centre

Waiting

Payment

Sampling
Cryofern likes this.
Old May 1, 22, 8:04 am

Programs: UA GS, Lifetime 4 MM, BA Gold, , Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Marriott Ambassador Elite
I asked my Korean colleagues to set up a test for me at a hospital, but the Josun Hotel (Westin) staff dissuaded me and pointed me to a temporary testing center on the City Hall Plaza. It was very easy.
TravelLawyer and flyerkit like this.
Old May 2, 22, 8:27 pm

Programs: CX Gold
Originally Posted by seigex View Post
Thanks for the reply. Mostly looking for access to some historical sites and good food. Not business-related, just PTO, but I usually just want to relax and eat good food. Touristy stuff is take it or leave it for me.
if you're fine with 20ish to 40ish -minute subway trips to places, you'll be good
(well, I'm not a foodie so I dunno there, but mikesaidyes's signature looks like it'll be useful for that sort of information)
one other thing I just thought of - that Yeongdeungpo station is a stop for (intercity) trains, so if you have any interest in taking a peek at Busan/Daejeon/Daegu/Gwangju/Mokpo or the like, you could probably easily take advantage of the location for that
CO-PLAT and seigex like this.

Search this Thread