Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Korea
Reload this Page >

Flying OUT of Korea During COVID - My Experience (September 2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2020, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club

Just for a reference for other travelers.Unfortunately, last Saturday at 1a I got a call that my Mom had a heart attack (she's ok, home and resting, had procedure by now).So I bought a plane ticket and was on the AA flight to DFW (connecting to CLT) the "same day" aka Sunday at 5 PM just 15 hours later.

The airport T1 was EMPTY EMPTY EMPTY EMPTY. Only staff and a stray traveler in the airport. Somehow our flight was like 50% full it seemed in economy. I was in P so I was by myself. Not bad the premium econ seat haha

T1 EXPERIENCE: On arrival (I took a taxi to the airport from Gangnam, 60,000W) - no special entry or anything to do. As a resident, I had to get a re-entry permit. Went to immigration office behind counter H. Not a soul there! Got my re-entry permit in just a matter of seconds. Must have cash 30,000W (change available).

Then I went to check-in BUT nobody in line bc I was premium. No temperature check or even "normal security questions." They only asked " have I been overseas (to other countries) in the past two weeks."

Security - NO ONE nothing special. Immigration out - as a resident, I showed her my ARC and re-entry stamp and told her I'd be back in two weeks. Easy peasy.

The gate area - no special check of anything, no extra questions. Just boarded.

Now the real fun will be when I get back to Korea! Stay safe everyone!!!
:D! likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2020, 8:15 am

Did you leave before your mandatory 14 day quarantine period had finished?
Old Nov 9, 2020, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
I live in Korea - so this was my first time leaving the country since I came back from Thailand on Dec 31, 2019.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.