The South Korea COVID-19 thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The South Korea COVID-19 thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2022, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by BRITINJAPAN4
GMP/HND will start from 29th June, however NH at least will not fly everyday. They cancelled 2nd July and dumped me a day earlier despite 1 stops on OZ available, Now 1 hour into a call to try to save my day of business in Seoul
I've got a GMP-HND-LAX lined up on July 22nd, and the pattern looks like JAL will skip that day sigh..
Guess I'm definitely looking at alternative options
Old Jun 23, 2022, 3:43 pm

Programs: VS Gold, Marriott Platinum, BA Gold, Ryanair hatred!
Originally Posted by BRITINJAPAN4
I am having problems entering my Korean address in Qcode. Any version of my hotel, Plaza Seoul, new and old postcodes just cones up blank. Last time somehow I randomly typed in something and got an address, I then edited as far as possible and it was no problem. Anyone have a solution or a hotel address that worked ?

Did you get an answer to this @BRITINJAPAN4?

I'm having the same issue?
Old Jun 23, 2022, 7:44 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Titanium ANA Diamond
Originally Posted by Mark1976

I did not get any responses but just now I typed in "Seoul Tower" and it came up, it then asks for detailed address so I typed in the hotel name and it let me go forward !
Old Jun 27, 2022, 8:55 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Loews Platinum
Does anyone have suggestions if someone that arrived in Korea thinks their PCR test may be positive due to having recovered from COVID a month ago? They have documentation that they went to the doctor a few weeks after testing positive and got a good bill of health.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by Mark1976

The following web site may help if you have an address (buried in the Notices on the K-ETA website)

You can easily find the zip code by using the site “Road Name Address” (www.juso.go.kr/openEngPage.do).
Old Jun 29, 2022, 1:26 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Originally Posted by Braswch
Does anyone have suggestions if someone that arrived in Korea thinks their PCR test may be positive due to having recovered from COVID a month ago? They have documentation that they went to the doctor a few weeks after testing positive and got a good bill of health.
Officially, Korea does not recognize overseas recovery certificates and you should expect to be sent away to a facility (a converted hotel) for 7 nights as a visitor. HOWEVER, some health offices (that operate the rules for each district in Seoul/various cities) - they will accept it and will let you stay at your house OR not quarantine at all. There is no guarantee and you don'r really know what happens until you test positive and they get in touch with you. SO, to be safe, expect to have to go to a government facility for 7 nights if you test positive on arrival.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 9:22 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, United 1K, AA Platinum Pro
I am traveling LAX-HND and then HND-GMP on two separate tickets on JL with an overnight transit in HND. South Korea requires a COVID test either 1 or 2 days before departure date. Does anyone what day they would consider the departure date? Would it be the departure date for the first ticket (LAX-HND) or would they use the departure date for the HND-GMP since it is two separate tickets? Thanks.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 8:01 pm

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
Would you be able to get a covid test and test certificate while in transit at HND?
Old Jul 4, 2022, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by BalloonXp
The following web site may help if you have an address (buried in the Notices on the K-ETA website)

You can easily find the zip code by using the site “Road Name Address” (www.juso.go.kr/openEngPage.do).
Finding the zip code is not the problem, its being able to enter something the system can recognize.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 9:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
Trying to reserve our arrival COVID tests through safe2gopass now and just confirming, the 80,000 KRW fee is not collected for arrival tests, right? Also if our flight is delayed or whatever it sounds like the actual reservation time isn't super strict?
Old Jul 5, 2022, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by jcarberry
Trying to reserve our arrival COVID tests through safe2gopass now and just confirming, the 80,000 KRW fee is not collected for arrival tests, right? Also if our flight is delayed or whatever it sounds like the actual reservation time isn't super strict?

Not sure why you think the 80,000 KRW is not collected ? It is absolutely collected. Pay before test,

You can just put your expected arrival time and will be fine, they know you have zero control.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 12:28 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
Layover visit with out Korea address

I have an 11 hour INC layover and know I have to clear K-ETA and the Q-Code entry requirements.

Since I won't have a hotel booking is it problem if I use a Korean hostel address as a place holder for both documents? Would there be a problem with immigration/public health entering INC that same day?
Old Jul 5, 2022, 2:21 pm

Want to visit Seoul

Originally Posted by kamaaina
I have an 11 hour INC layover and know I have to clear K-ETA and the Q-Code entry requirements.

Since I won't have a hotel booking is it problem if I use a Korean hostel address as a place holder for both documents? Would there be a problem with immigration/public health entering INC that same day?
Forgot to add that I want to make a quick trip into Seoul.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by kamaaina

I have the same question. I know I will need a K-ETA and Q-Code. I just want to collect my luggage at terminal 2 and proceed to terminal 1
Old Jul 6, 2022, 9:30 am

Using a Seoul hostel address and phone number, I got my K-ETA. Took multiple attempts, using Microsoft Edge browser seems to work best.

Will try the same address approach for Q-Code for my late August stopover.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.