FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Korea (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/korea-714/)
-   -   Busan Suggestions? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/korea/1989515-busan-suggestions.html)

JordanWalker Sep 30, 2019 6:58 pm

Busan Suggestions?

Surprisingly Busan has been barely covered in this forum.

Besides the tower, Gamcheon Cultural Village, and some fish markets, is there any other must-visits?
Seems like you can cover most attractions in 2...or 3 days max.

glennaa11 Oct 2, 2019 12:17 pm

the Busan tourism office has a nice little booklet you can download that includes all of the attraction.

https://tour.busan.go.kr/nurib/index...d=894&lang=ENG

mikesaidyes Oct 3, 2019 4:10 am

Taejongdae
Haeundae Beach for the day
Gwangali Beach for the evening
Haedong Yonggung Temple (temple by the sea)
Go out at night in Seomyeon area

The Nampo-dong area (BIFF square, international market, jagalchi market) that whole area you can spend like a whole day.

Busan is very spread

JordanWalker Oct 7, 2019 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by mikesaidyes (Post 31589083)
Taejongdae
Haeundae Beach for the day
Gwangali Beach for the evening

Are the beaches even worth checking out in early Dec?

For the Gamcheon Culture Village, Skywalk, Haedong Yonggung Temple, etc would it be best to just take a day/ half day guided tour? Or are those place still relatively easy access by public transit?

Cultural Village, I do see that the train gets to Toseong-Yeog, only ten stations from Seomyeon then there's a km of walking.

Tours tends to be only $40-60 USD pp and might ease some of the headade trying to navigate ourself to these locations.

mikesaidyes Oct 11, 2019 2:38 am

Originally Posted by JordanWalker (Post 31602967)
Are the beaches even worth checking out in early Dec?

For the Gamcheon Culture Village, Skywalk, Haedong Yonggung Temple, etc would it be best to just take a day/ half day guided tour? Or are those place still relatively easy access by public transit?

Cultural Village, I do see that the train gets to Toseong-Yeog, only ten stations from Seomyeon then there's a km of walking.

Tours tends to be only $40-60 USD pp and might ease some of the headade trying to navigate ourself to these locations.

I think if you are short on time, don't want to F with all the transit (I'm used to it of course haha but many aren't and that's ok) - I absolutely recommend using a half day/ full day tour. It's a big set of distance to cover and bus/subway changes etc.

glennaa11 Oct 17, 2019 2:23 am

I agree that the city is quite large. I've been here a few days and barely scratched the surface. The public transit is great, but the subway seems crowded all of the time.

I went to Beomeosa temple yesterday and thought it was worthwhile on a nice day. I took the subway and then a bus and it was quite easy. The temple is quite large. I guess there's been a temple there for 1350 years or so but the current buildings are not that old. Altho a couple date from the 1640s the rest seem quite a bit newer. The setting on the mountain is very picturesque.

I took a night tour on Tuesday that was very good. Nice views of the city all lit up at night. It's advertised on Airbnb's site. The guy running the tour is very nice. He lived in NZ for several years so his English is great. Only $30 and I felt it was worthwhile since we went places I never would have gotten to on my own. https://www.airbnb.com/experiences/2...ts=1&source=p2 There are a few other tours Airbnb has listed that sounded good but since no one else had signed up to take them the day I could go they didn't run.

I enjoyed the Busan Museum. It's a good historical overview of the city and it's free to visit. I thought it was quite worthwhile. The UN war cemetery is right next door as well. It's a beautiful place dedicated to those lost in the war.

Last evening I went to Busan Citizens Park. I thought it was great. They have several fountains with a light show that I am totally a sucker for. It's pretty huge overall. It was a relatively easy walk from my Airbnb in Seomyeon.

It's an interesting city. Not much English though which is fair enough. But it seems like Seoul is much more international so communication can be a bit easier there.

ETA - Went down to Nampo this evening. Skip Busan Tower. At night you can't see anything because there's so much glare on the windows. Instead go to the Lotte department store which has a free open air observation deck on the 13th floor with a good view of the bridges all lit up.

eneq Oct 23, 2019 8:22 am

My recommendation is for Spa Land at Centum City. Its a great way to experience a Korean Jimjilbang for the first time. I spent about 8 hours there back in January and could've easily stayed longer.

gpy Nov 22, 2019 11:17 am

Originally Posted by eneq (Post 31658422)
My recommendation is for Spa Land at Centum City. Its a great way to experience a Korean Jimjilbang for the first time. I spent about 8 hours there back in January and could've easily stayed longer.

Spa Land is my favorite place in Busan!