Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Korea
Reload this Page >

Labor strike in Seoul, roughly November 24, 2018?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2018, 1:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

Media are talking about an upcoming strike by labor unions in Seoul. The issue is unhappiness with a new law limiting work hours to 52 hours per week, at least on average.

Does anyone know what to expect? Date? Likelihood? Extent of disruptions? Location of strike activity?

I have unfond memories of arriving in Seoul during the big Christmas protest march against the President a couple years ago. My KAL airport bus was caught in an enormous traffic jam and then couldn't move any further at all, so the route was terminated early and we were instructed to walk the final distance to hotels. OTOH, it was interesting to see the protestors wearing Santa outfits and carrying candles.

I've also witnessed protests in Seoul regarding the ferry that sunk in South Korea carrying the schoolkids.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 7:07 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
So I totally realized I hadn't been logging in on my daily duties hahah. Sorry. Did you survive? Usually if there's any kind of protesting, I avoid downtown ANYTHING on the roads like the plague. Taxi, bus, anything. They close a few streets and it F's EVERYTHING up for a long time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.