Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jeju in Nov?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2018, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Jeju in Nov?

I'm considering going to Jeju in Nov 18 for a concert at the Jeju Stadium in Seogwipo, but haven't been able to find some info about the island experience in Nov. I won't be driving, so will prob need the use of taxis or buses to get around.

Will there be much to see or do in Nov? I've been to Hawaii as a reference point.
Is it best to stay in Seogwipo if I do go in order to make getting to the concert venue easier?
Old Oct 14, 2018, 10:52 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
The island is basically concentrated in two areas for accomodations. Jeju City the main city area by the airport and Seogwipo/Jungmun Resort Complex on the opposite side of the island.

There are public buses, but they are VERY inconvenient for getting around quickly. Often long waits in between buses and not good for a short time.

A taxi rental per day should be around 100$ from 9a-7p to go anywhere you want. If that's too much, look at Yehwa Bus Tours as they cover the major spots by bus tours on different days. There's always stuff to see on a short trip to Jeju, but it requires a lot of moving around. Even if you stay in Seogwipo, you're gonna move around a lot.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 6:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Global Entry
Jeju is not tropical like Hawaii: you won’t be swimming when you are at the beach.

Why don’t you rent a car? The cost will not be great, because you are off season. And the traffic you find in the rest of Korea is absent.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

That's not true about traffic. Jeju traffic can be bad too considering many roads are just 1 lane each way but definitely worth renting a car over a taxi. You can get to a lot more sights that way.

It's more like Rhode island in November than anything like Hawaii in November!
CO-PLAT likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 9:44 am

Hi! I think I have arrived a little bit late.
I just came back from Korea and I spent 4 days in Jeju during the first week of November, my hotel was in Seogwipo.
I have to say that the weather was pretty good, much better than expected. Unfortunately it was raining the day I arrived, but the temperature was mild and the next three days I visited everything with no problems. I was expecting low temperatures, but it was hot! And I am from Southern Spain, so I can relate
CO-PLAT likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Snowing the past few days in Jeju!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.