JSA tour recommendation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JSA tour recommendation?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2018, 8:29 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Diamond
There haven't been reports on here from folks who have visited for a while - perhaps because it has been closed for mine clearing, meetings, etc. - but it looks like there may be an expansion of the ability to move around the JSA if/when this takes effect (it has not yet despite report below.) Will be interested to hear from people who go as to what - if any - changes this means for the visit experience.

North Korea expects free movement at JSA to begin on November 1: travel agencies
Tourists will be allowed to cross demarcation line as of Thursday, authorities tell tour companies
Old Nov 7, 2018, 7:25 pm

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
Makes me wonder if the appeal of the "World's most heavily guarded border' will diminish now that tourists will be able to freely cross the line at JSA. NK Tourists can come and see the tree where the axe incident took place. But what appeal will there be for SK Tourists? Go see the fake village? See the checkpoint where the NK soldier drove past to defect to SK?
Old Nov 8, 2018, 5:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nme7
Makes me wonder if the appeal of the "World's most heavily guarded border' will diminish now that tourists will be able to freely cross the line at JSA. NK Tourists can come and see the tree where the axe incident took place. But what appeal will there be for SK Tourists? Go see the fake village? See the checkpoint where the NK soldier drove past to defect to SK?
for some it will simply be being able to go where they werent able to go till now
Old Nov 8, 2018, 9:30 pm

Glad to have seen it in 2015.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 10:59 pm

Programs: in C/C++, Python, SQL
Well, I had a tour scheduled for the 20th, and just got notice today that it's been cancelled. I guess I'm not too surprised, given everything that's been going on, but it's still disappointing.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 1:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I was told last week that there are no JSA tours in November.

BTW, there's talk of converting the DMZ into a free trade zone and investing in infrascructure to promote economic activity. They're also encouraging people, including South Korean citizens/residents to visit the DMZ.

I'm wondering whether it's worth going to the DMZ (without the JSA) as perhaps a last chance to see it before changes occur.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 11:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I was told last week that there are no JSA tours in November.

BTW, there's talk of converting the DMZ into a free trade zone and investing in infrascructure to promote economic activity. They're also encouraging people, including South Korean citizens/residents to visit the DMZ.

I'm wondering whether it's worth going to the DMZ (without the JSA) as perhaps a last chance to see it before changes occur.
Read somewhere yesterday that The North blew up 10 of it guard buildings along the front and if the JSA is now unarmed soldiers, dont think it will feel like it used to.

That said I did the 1/2 tour a few weeks ago, it was pouring out so not much to see and nothing else I would have done in Seoul but to a large extent it was a waste The 1st stop by the old Peace Bridge was the only real interesting part imo, with going to the train station the dumbest and most wasteful stop

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.