Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Korea
Reload this Page >

11 hour layover in ICN

11 hour layover in ICN

Old Jan 30, 18, 11:09 am
Original Poster

11 hour layover in ICN

Hey guys, looking for some suggestions for my layover.

Flying into ICN at 5AM, flight departs at 3:30PM, international transfer.

I got my wife, and a 2 year old and infant with us. Looking for a place to rest, we are not looking to go out the airport.

Is the transit hotel our best bet?
Old Jan 30, 18, 10:19 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club, JL Mileage Bank
Look at the capsule hotel that is in the train terminal building. They call it capsule, but they actually have rooms with beds. But of course you have to clear immigration. If you tag your bags all the way through, don't have to pick them up of course.

There is also a Korean sauna in the basement that is scheduled to reopen early February (renovating now). Could be good for the little one too, they usually have a kids' area and baths can be fun. Also outside immigration.

There is even a CGV movie theater in the train terminal building if you need to distract him with a movie (or yourselves haha). Also landside.
Old Jan 31, 18, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikesaidyes View Post
Look at the capsule hotel that is in the train terminal building. They call it capsule, but they actually have rooms with beds. But of course you have to clear immigration. If you tag your bags all the way through, don't have to pick them up of course.

There is also a Korean sauna in the basement that is scheduled to reopen early February (renovating now). Could be good for the little one too, they usually have a kids' area and baths can be fun. Also outside immigration.

There is even a CGV movie theater in the train terminal building if you need to distract him with a movie (or yourselves haha). Also landside.
Do you have any solid info on when the sauna reopens? I read somewhere it's not reopening until feb 18th or something, which would be too late for my transit.
Never transited through ICN before, do most places in the airport accept american credit cards?
Old Jan 31, 18, 6:30 pm

Programs: MPC GR
Originally Posted by leishi85 View Post
Do you have any solid info on when the sauna reopens? I read somewhere it's not reopening until feb 18th or something, which would be too late for my transit.
Never transited through ICN before, do most places in the airport accept american credit cards?
Yes, unless your bank at home blocks it CC acceptance in Korea is near-universal because refusal to take plastic (Visa, Mastercard, Amex) will mean that the tax audit people will be coming by soon for a shakedown.
Old Jan 31, 18, 11:09 pm

Ah yes I called the Tourism Line to check for a friend last week and they said "sometime early February" so you'll just have to wait and see. But with a kid, I'd go ahead and book the transit hotel OR the capsule hotel. Not sure what terminal you are flying, BUT there is something in each Terminal 1 and 2 now.

And yes the other poster is correct. Credit cards are accepted literally everywhere at every place in the entire airport.
Old Feb 1, 18, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikesaidyes View Post
Ah yes I called the Tourism Line to check for a friend last week and they said "sometime early February" so you'll just have to wait and see. But with a kid, I'd go ahead and book the transit hotel OR the capsule hotel. Not sure what terminal you are flying, BUT there is something in each Terminal 1 and 2 now.

And yes the other poster is correct. Credit cards are accepted literally everywhere at every place in the entire airport.
booking in advance recommended for the transit hotel or the capsule hotel?

I'm flying asiana into incheon, and air china out, i'm assuming it's all in terminal 1. Would you recommend the transit hotel or the capsule hotel for us?
Old Feb 1, 18, 10:26 pm

Absolutely 100% you need to book ahead. And yes, stick to Terminal 1 locations. I haven't stayed in either. It really comes down to if you want to get out of the airport. The train terminal building is where the capsule hotel is. You have to clear immigration and security. Transit hotel is landside so you don't have to do any immigration stuff. But you are stuck inside the airport the whole time.

Search this Thread