Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Korea
Reload this Page >

Day in Seoul Recommendations

Old Dec 13, 2017, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k

Sorry if something like this has been posted before but I could not find it.

I will have about a 14 hour layover at ICN on the way to PEK. We arrive at 6am and depart at 8pm on KE. It will be on 12/30.

I am traveling with my parents and they have never been to Seoul, we are planning on going into the city. Any recommendations on things to do? I assume it will be pretty cold to activities that account for that would be great.

Also any restaurant recommendations for a good lunch? We all love Korean BBQ

Thank you so much
Old Dec 13, 2017, 9:31 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Stick to the main downtown and tourist area of Jongno. You can take the AREX train from Seoul Station (express or all stop, doesn't matter, take whichever is first....the time difference is only 10 minutes). Limousine bus is too risky for traffic delays with a short layover.

With three people, it is much simpler to just take taxi short distances between places rather than use subway one or two stops and deal with all the up and down and stairs etc.

Simple tour course: Gwanghwamun, Gyeongbokgung, Samcheon-dong, Hanok Village, Insadong, Gwangjang Market, Cheongyechon, Seoul Square/City Hall area, Namdaemun. This will definitely keep you busy. As it's the main downtown area, there are TONS of local places to eat.

Google Jongno Avenue of Youth. That itself is not much, but you will see it intersects with one VERY long street full of local places of all kinds of food. These places also happen to have English menus, but aren't tourist only restaurants. Much more local than tourist. In Insadong itself are MANY restaurants as well, all geared toward tourists (but still authentic and have good design elements).

If you want a shower or want to try a Korean sauna, check out Siloam Sauna located behind Seoul Station. Its entrance is even connected to Seoullo 7017 (the converted overpass that is now a park connecting Seoul Station, Namdaemun etc.).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.