FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Korea (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/korea-714/)
-   -   Help! Transit in ICN for the first time with tight time (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/korea/1856625-help-transit-icn-first-time-tight-time.html)

lats24 Jul 26, 2017 5:03 am

Help! Transit in ICN for the first time with tight time

Hello everyone,

I'm very confused here! so let me explain :)

I'm going to Russia with S7 Airlines with codeshare flight Korean Airlines from Jakarta - Incheon - Russia.

- I will arrive in ICN around 7.20AM (if not delay)

I called Korean airlines, and they said that they can't check my baggage and transfer it to my final destination, so I need to claim my baggage, which means that I need to clear immigration as well :eek:

Will I have enough time ?

Korean airlines and S7/Siberian Airlines has the different terminal, right ?

Will it be enough time, when I arrive at 7.20 AM -> security check -> immigration -> baggage claim -> security check -> check in for my next flight -> immigration -> boarding ?

The check in counter close at 10AM..

I really have no idea where to go when I arrived in ICN..

Can someone please help ? :confused:

Thank you guys!!

MSPeconomist Jul 26, 2017 5:09 am

Is this two separate tickets/PNRs? Otherwise, they should be able to check the luggage through.

Assuming that the luggage cannot be checked through, your sequence seems to be wrong. You would do immigration, baggage claim, customs exit, check in for next flight, and then immigration and security to leave Korea.

KE should arrive at the main terminal, where all of the above would occur. If S7 leaves from the satellite terminal, it's just a bunch of gates (with a few F&B outlets and shops) connected to the area with the other gates by a little underground train. It's really a distant concourse in the airport to which you cannot walk but must take the underground shuttle train.

lats24 Jul 26, 2017 5:16 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 28609156)
Is this two separate tickets/PNRs? Otherwise, they should be able to check the luggage through.

Assuming that the luggage cannot be checked through, your sequence seems to be wrong. You would do immigration, baggage claim, customs exit, check in for next flight, and then immigration and security to leave Korea.

KE should arrive at the main terminal, where all of the above would occur. If S7 leaves from the satellite terminal, it's just a bunch of gates (with a few F&B outlets and shops) connected to the area with the other gates by a little underground train. It's really a distant concourse in the airport to which you cannot walk but must take the underground shuttle train.

Hello! Thanks for your reply!

I booked it all in 1 PNR from S7, but because it's codeshare flight, S7 gave me another PNR code for KE.

I know it's kinda weird that KE couldn't checked my bag all the way to Russia, I called them earlier, I also need to check in to get my boarding pass as well.

Okay, I'm sorry yeah my sequence is wrong, so the right steps is after arriving, pass the immigration, get the baggage, customs exit nothing to declare, check in for next flight, and then immigration depart from Korea..

This is it ?

Will it be enough ? I'll arrive around 7.20AM if not delayed, and the check in counter to Russia will be closed at 10AM.

I'm sorry, this is my first time transfer in Incheon and alone :D

mikesaidyes Jul 26, 2017 7:02 am

What passport do you have? If you have to clear immigration to claim bags and do another check in, you might need a visa depending on your passport. This is considered entering the country.

lats24 Jul 26, 2017 7:37 am

Originally Posted by mikesaidyes (Post 28609522)
What passport do you have? If you have to clear immigration to claim bags and do another check in, you might need a visa depending on your passport. This is considered entering the country.

Hi, Indonesian passport.
I called to the Korean embassy and ask do I need the visa to pass the immigration or not, they said that because I only transit for 3 hours I dont need to take care visa from Indonesia.

All I need to do is to show my flight tickets at the staff to let them know that my final destination is Russia and I have my return flights as well. The immigration will give the waiver visa, if I am not mistaken as the embassy staff explained

I called to Korean airlines as well they say the same thing..

skchin Jul 28, 2017 10:17 am

Sounds like enough time if your connecting flight is at 10 am. Just make sure you have printout of your next flight to show the customs for connection.

lats24 Jul 28, 2017 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by skchin (Post 28619465)
Sounds like enough time if your connecting flight is at 10 am. Just make sure you have printout of your next flight to show the customs for connection.

Hi! Thanks for the reply!!

Yes my flight at 10.40, but the check in close at 10, so i need to check in before 10.

Yes I will have everything printed :)

I decided that I only gonna bring hand luggage, so I will save more time by not waiting for the luggage.

Sorry this is my first time transit and changing plane, so I am scared gonna miss my flight.

So you think its enough time? Yaay!! I feel better already!

I hope everythings went well