Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Korea
Reload this Page >

Two hours at ICN?

Two hours at ICN?

Old Feb 7, 17, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold (Thanks Amex)
Two hours at ICN?

I have a couple free days next month and I am thinking about doing a trip to ICN on the United 747 before its retired later this year. Unfortunately this is the only time I will have to take such a trip - I have never flown on a 747 and would like to before they're gone.

I found an itinerary that arrives at ICN at 3:15 pm and departs at 5:05 pm. It appears that it is the same gate as the aircraft just turns around and goes back to SFO. Is this enough time? Am I going to get heckled by any airport agents or security if I do this?

Thanks
Old Feb 7, 17, 3:45 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Two hours is plenty of time, the MCT for this is 1.1hrs - see below

STANDARD.D/D...D/I...I/D...I/I.
ONLINE .40 1.40 1.40 1.10
OFFLINE .40 1.40 1.40 1.10

Flying the 747 one more time is a great idea, I am considering it too maybe a trip report will be in order?

Enjoy!
Old Feb 7, 17, 3:46 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Spire, Hilton *G, A3 Diamond, IHG Silver
I guess you won't have any luggage, so no problem as long as you can get a BP (mobile?) for the return flight before you depart.

You will be in the satellite terminal, you'll have to go through a security checkpoint which should be reasonably quick. If it is the same plane going back then obviously outbound delays will also delay the inbound.

See this thread: International Transfers via Seoul Incheon International Airport - Anyone done it?

A mod may move this there
Old Feb 7, 17, 5:33 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please continue to follow this thread in the FT Korea Forum
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Feb 7, 17, 5:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
There can be long immigration lines to enter and exit Korea at ICN, but you can avoid that. ICN segregates arriving and departing international passengers, so you'll need to go through security and show your next boarding pass. You might need to take the little underground train to the main terminal for the security checkpoint and then back to the UA gate in the satellite terminal. Still, two hours is more than sufficient.

There are airside transit desks at ICN, but I'm not sure whether they handle UA flights. OZ probably does most of this for UA here.
Old Feb 10, 17, 2:02 pm

Programs: was UA 1K now Gold, cuz UA 1.3 MM; HA,DL,AS (no status in these), Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by spencertimm View Post
I have a couple free days next month and I am thinking about doing a trip to ICN on the United 747 before its retired later this year. Unfortunately this is the only time I will have to take such a trip - I have never flown on a 747 and would like to before they're gone.

I found an itinerary that arrives at ICN at 3:15 pm and departs at 5:05 pm. It appears that it is the same gate as the aircraft just turns around and goes back to SFO. Is this enough time? Am I going to get heckled by any airport agents or security if I do this?

Thanks
You don't mention if C or J. If the latter, try to get the upper deck ... most recently flew ICN-SFO on the 747 just 3 wks ago. As usual, a great ride.

Search this Thread