FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Korea (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/korea-714/)
-   -   getting to incheon airport from hannam dong (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/korea/1786380-getting-incheon-airport-hannam-dong.html)

evor1 Aug 23, 2016 1:28 am

getting to incheon airport from hannam dong

I'll be in hannam and I hvae an 8:50 am flight to shenzen. What time should I leave? Should I just take taxi? I think hannam is pretty dead in morning. Afraid I can't find one.

mikesaidyes Aug 24, 2016 1:58 am

If you're on a quiet street in Hannam, yes, don't expect many taxis to come by frequently at that hour. BUT, if you're on the main road that connects Gangnam with Namsan Tunnel, there will be many.

To be honest, you can save a lot of money if you take a taxi to Seoul Station. From there, you can check in at Seoul Station with Korean Air (presumably that's your 8:50 flight) and then take the express train. You have to check in three hours ahead, so you should be there by 5:30 or so at the latest. A taxi from Hannam to Seoul Station will take about 10-15 minutes and cost just a few thousand won. I would say, to be safe, if you go this route, be outside looking for a taxi/waiting at 5 AM.

Also, as it's really busy in the morning these days, cutting the security line (using crew/diplomat line) is a nice advantage.

A taxi from Hannam to the airport will be around 60,000W IF he runs the meter. You also have to pay the tolls. There's no airport bus from Hannam.

A third option is just a taxi to Itaewon Station. Then take Line 6 to Gongdeok and then transfer to AREX. The first train is at 5:38 and you'd arrive at the airport at 6:50. Only 4,150W.

evor1 Aug 24, 2016 2:24 pm

thanks i will do seoul station. didnt think about trains. first time i went to korea i paid taxi last year.

mikesaidyes Aug 24, 2016 11:44 pm

You're flying Korean Air, right? You must be flying KE or Asiana (or Jeju Air) to check in at Seoul Station.

If you take a taxi to Seoul Station that should be around 6,000W. The AREX Express train (you must take this one, you can't take the all stop train) costs an additional 6,000W. The normal price is 8,000 but if you show your boarding pass you get a discount.

evor1 Aug 25, 2016 2:17 pm

yes korean air

drewguy Aug 29, 2016 3:25 pm

Can you use Seoul station and airport express if flying another airline, and just check in online or at airport?

mikesaidyes Aug 29, 2016 10:22 pm

Yes Seoul Station AREX (Airport Express train line) are for everyone. It's just the check in facilities (and fast security privileges) are only available for Korean Air, Asiana and Jeju Air passengers there.

If you are staying in Gangnam, the City Air Terminal at COEX offers the same services (with limousine bus transportation instead of train) for MANY more airlines. From the CALT website, these are the airlines that offer check in at CALT:

Korean Air, Asiana Airlines, Jeju Air, Qatar Airways, Singapore Airlines,
Thai Airways, Air Canada, Philippine Airlines, MIAT Mongolian Airlines,
China Eastern Airlines, Shanghai Airlines, China Southern Airlines, Japan Airlines,
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Delta Airlines, United Airlines, Air France