FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Korea (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/korea-714/)
-   -   Airport hotel/day rooms in Incheon (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/korea/1779413-airport-hotel-day-rooms-incheon.html)

kamaaina Jul 19, 2016 2:00 pm

Airport hotel/day rooms in Incheon

I have a 12-hour layover in Inchon from BKK to HNL in mid-October. What inexpensive airport hotels are there to consider for my short stay? (I'll already have seen Seoul sights on the way to BKK)

Looks like the airport day rooms are pretty expensive.

I considered buying a lounge pass for Asiana as I'm flying in/out on their airline. But it looks like their business lounges lack day rooms; only a few semi-screened off rooms with easy chair and foot rests.

mikesaidyes Jul 19, 2016 8:36 pm

The best way to get a room for a few hours might be a love motel in one of the nearby airport towns. Now, I know when you hear the word love motel, you think sleaze, but don't. Koreans, young and old, go during the day for a few hours since they share their homes with their entire family. It's not like nasty street walking prostitues and needles everywhere. And they're quiet. The rooms are clean, usually have whirlpools, and free water, tea, drinks etc.

Typically, you pay around 20-25,000₩ for around four hours.

But if you ask the Information Desk or find a Tourism Desk, they can help you. Tell them, you need motel for 대실, " Dae Shil" or Day Use. They can call a motel for you.

mikesaidyes Jul 19, 2016 8:43 pm

I just checked a map and there's the 신공항모텔 Shin Gong Hang Motel. The number is 032-751-8818. It says Day Rental is 30,000₩. Doesn't list the hours, but it's usually three or four hours. Just have the hotel call them when you land. You can't book day rooms at motels in advance. It's 20 minutes by train from the airport, just two stops on the Arex Local.

nme7 Jul 19, 2016 11:16 pm

If you take the airport train to Unseo station, there are a good number of transit hotels there. You can google Hotel SKY Incheon and also Hotel Air Relax. Price is around $50-60? Both are located a short walk from the station.

kamaaina Oct 14, 2016 5:24 am

Seoul evening food tour

I liked Ongo's evening food tour which visited 3 different restaurants catering to locals. Part of the appeal is walking through neighborhoods not on the main-stream tourist circuit.

BuildingMyBento Oct 14, 2016 8:37 am

Originally Posted by kamaaina (Post 26939554)

I considered buying a lounge pass for Asiana as I'm flying in/out on their airline. But it looks like their business lounges lack day rooms; only a few semi-screened off rooms with easy chair and foot rests.

The OZ J lounge is rubbish. It's not even worth half an hour's visit.

kamaaina Oct 27, 2016 9:23 pm

Followup

I decided to stay at Incheon airport for my 12-hour layover and found the complimentary 'lounge' beds on the 2nd floor to be more than adequate for napping. I also availed myself of the free showers for transit passengers.

I bought a guest pass to the Sky Hub Lounge for $24 but stays are now limited to 3-hours. The buffet is pretty decent, the highlight being make-your-own vegetarian bibimbap.

It wasn't crowded around 2 p.m., more passengers started streaming in a few hours later.

Had read that a cinema was accessible from the airport but was directed to first clear immigration. I found a theatre near the rail station junction but found most movies too late for my schedule. Re-entering the airport I again had to get immigration clearance although it was quicker with my transit air ticket.