Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta DTW to ICN 747 vs AA DFW to ICN 777

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2016, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

Delta DTW to ICN 747 vs AA DFW to ICN 777

First ever long haul trip. Business class on both. Any recommendations one over the other?

Last edited by machong; Mar 7, 2016 at 9:05 pm
Old Mar 8, 2016, 7:08 am

Programs: Skyteam
747 upperdeck will harder to experience as airlines starts to decommission their 74 fleets.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skchin
747 upperdeck will harder to experience as airlines starts to decommission their 74 fleets.
Thank you for the response. You think go Delta and have that experience if about the same price?
Old Mar 10, 2016, 4:20 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Delta all the way. I've had many friends fly both in Y. For AA, they said the plane was outdated, lacking amenities (namely avod)... "never again" was their sentiment.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
Delta all the way. I've had many friends fly both in Y. For AA, they said the plane was outdated, lacking amenities (namely avod)... "never again" was their sentiment.
Are not the 777 the newer planes? I'd check seatguru, etc. to see what the business class seats look like on both airlines to see if one or both have the newer business class module seats with flat bed and then decide....
Old Mar 12, 2016, 9:52 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for your responses
Old Apr 12, 2016, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
I just took the AA flight. They're still using angled lie-flats in C in a 2-3-2 config. If you're thinking more a suite type, AA only has that in F on that plane.

DL would have the better seats - and also AC power. AA is still using cigarette-lighter style DC power on these capped at 75W. If you have a beefier laptop like mine that sucks upwards of 180W, that won't work.

That said, AA crews have been pretty good IME in both C and F. You can often find DFW-ICN to be not much more in F vs C - like $300 difference each way.
Old May 8, 2016, 12:18 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I did AA F on the old 777-200 last year and Delta on the 747-400 from ICN-DTW two months ago. I think food and beverage wise they're about the same but Delta's IFE is way better. The Delta seat is also quite good and service was too. Here's a trip report if you want more details on Delta:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...n-ke-dl-j.html
Old Jul 19, 2016, 9:08 am

Programs: AA PLT, IHG PLT
I've flown on AA from DFW-ICN and ICN-DFW twice in the last 6 months both Economy. The upgrade to MCE is definitely worth it. The IFE was broken on one leg from DFW to ICN. Like other's have mentioned the 777-200 is very old and dated especially for such a long flight. Only upside is having a direct flight from the Continental US to South Korea.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.