Search

2 extra days - new suggestion

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2016, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ex Plt
2 extra days - new suggestion

All --

I have 12 days on the ground and had a set itinerary until reading in this Korea section about Jeonju. I thought there would be much more to do in that area. While I like food - even enough to eat some of it - I am not a foodie. Well maybe a street foodie . Other FTers have mentioned that there really isn't much to do in the area. True? If so, I am looking to fill a couple of days - I had no set agenda in Jeonju. I don't have an interest in Jeju and have plans for Seoul, Gyeongju, and Busan already (and I visited Seoul last year). I can always add an extra day or two to any of these places but I was thinking that something else might be fun (?). Suggestions? Preferably something that is KTX-able (or easy-ish transport).

Thanks
Cheers
Old Jun 25, 2016, 11:53 am

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
A quick trip to Japan? You can take a ferry from Busan to Fukuoka, Japan. Or how about a day trip to Tsushima island? If you want street food, the Yatai food stands of Fukuoka are pretty good.

In Seoul, perhaps catch one of the fun live performance shows? The Original Drawing Show is fun and you don't need to understand any Korean to enjoy it.

I've never been to Jeonju so I can't really say what there is to do there.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Thanks -- I'll look at the ferries. Seems interesting.

Originally Posted by nme7
A quick trip to Japan? You can take a ferry from Busan to Fukuoka, Japan. Or how about a day trip to Tsushima island? If you want street food, the Yatai food stands of Fukuoka are pretty good.

In Seoul, perhaps catch one of the fun live performance shows? The Original Drawing Show is fun and you don't need to understand any Korean to enjoy it.

I've never been to Jeonju so I can't really say what there is to do there.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 10:26 pm

Programs: UA, NW
The "Beetle" hydrofoil takes only a little less than 3 hours on its run between Busan and Fukuoka.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 2:51 pm

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Gwangju - Mokpo, both accessible with KTX from Seoul and ICN. Great scenery, cultural pastimes and the best food in all of Korea.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.