Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Korea
Reload this Page >

10 Hours in Seoul

10 Hours in Seoul

Old Apr 17, 2016, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

10 Hours in Seoul

I have an upcoming itinerary (in 2 weeks) which has me laid over in Seoul for 10 hours. I have never been there before, so I thought it would potentially be enough time to hit some sites. I arrive at 6:30 AM. Any recommendations for places to see/do/don't do? It sounds like getting back into the airport (ICH) can be a nightmare - is this still the case?
Old Apr 17, 2016, 8:56 pm

Programs: SPG
ICN Airport

ICN is pretty far from downtown Seoul it takes hour or two. It will take about an 1+hour for immigration, so I think it's better to enjoy airport.
ICN has free shower booth, sleeping couch, and all the lounges.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 7:01 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
If you arrive at 6:30, the earliest you can collect any bags and get into Seoul will be around 8:00-8:30. If immigration is busy with large crowds on red eyes from SE Asia, it may be closer to 9.

To avoid rush hour traffic going into Seoul, take the train. From ICN to Seoul Station is around an hour.

If your flight leaves at 4:30 (10 hrs from landing), you'd need to be back at ICN by 2:30-3:30, which means you'd need to finish your day by 1-1:30. Another hour by train back to ICN.

The only area you could do, which there is enough time for is Gyeongbokgung Palace/Jongno/Insadong/Gwangjang Market. These are all extremely close to each other. Jongno is one of the busier areas of Seoul, so you'll get a good city feel as well as the major touristy sites. Myeongdong is also about a 15-20 minute walk.

In short, you'd get a quick 4-5 hour survey of Seoul, but it'd be a good one that most tourists do.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Awesome - I appreciate the input!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.