Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Korea
Reload this Page >

ex ICN via EK: How far in advance can I clear security?

Old Apr 17, 2016, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PLAT -- 2.7Million

Please advise...
I have a late night departure from ICN on EK. How far in advance will I be able to get into the terminal?
Also, once inside will I be able to pass back and forth at will between Terminal A and the main terminal?

Hoping to spend about 12 hours in the airport.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 6:56 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
You will only be able to get airside with your boarding pass, so presumably when the check in counters open for your flight is the earliest you can get it and proceed through security.

Once you take the train to your gate, you cannot go back to the main terminal. Your gate area where EK and all international airlines depart is very, very sparse. Especially late at night. I wouldn't take the train to that concourse until the last minute.

That being said, ICN has a lot of activities outside security, like a movie theater in the train station and a sauna in the basement on the main terminal (landside). There are also tons of cafes and restaurants on all floors landside.

Once you pass security and are airside, all of your duty free shopping is right there once you clear immigration. There are some restaurants in the main terminal, but honestly I think landside has a better selection.

All your lounges and free showers are going to be in the main terminal, 4th floor, after you clear security. Of course there are lounges in the concourse terminal where your flight departs, but they are not as big.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PLAT -- 2.7Million
Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
You will only be able to get airside with your boarding pass, so presumably when the check in counters open for your flight is the earliest you can get it and proceed through security.

Once you take the train to your gate, you cannot go back to the main terminal. Your gate area where EK and all international airlines depart is very, very sparse. Especially late at night. I wouldn't take the train to that concourse until the last minute.

That being said, ICN has a lot of activities outside security, like a movie theater in the train station and a sauna in the basement on the main terminal (landside). There are also tons of cafes and restaurants on all floors landside.

Once you pass security and are airside, all of your duty free shopping is right there once you clear immigration. There are some restaurants in the main terminal, but honestly I think landside has a better selection.

All your lounges and free showers are going to be in the main terminal, 4th floor, after you clear security. Of course there are lounges in the concourse terminal where your flight departs, but they are not as big.
THank you...great info!
Old Apr 22, 2016, 12:48 am

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
Couldn't agree more... do not head to the concourse terminal too early.

Just fyi, there is now a maglev operating from Incheon airport to an area nearby. It is a total of 6 stations and as of yesterday, the ride is free. Operating hours are 9am to 5pm. This might be a way to kill some time. Give yourself an hour to ride it to the end and back. Not much there, but some nice views of aircraft landing (depending on wind direction) and also there is a water park operating nearby. The maglev is located above the ice skating ring near the airport express train entrance.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.