Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Korea
Reload this Page >

ICN Airport -- Best Lounge 2016

Old Dec 8, 15, 1:56 am
Original Poster

Hi All,

Flying out of ICN airport in a few weeks on Delta. Though my credit card I've got something called a DragonPass which looks like a version of Priority Pass.

It says I've got quite the selection of lounges to pick from:

http://en.dragonpass.com.cn/airport/2112

So... which one is the best?
Old Dec 9, 15, 8:41 pm

Programs: Asiana Club Diamond
I've never been to any of the ICN lounges. Lounges operated directly by airlines tend to be the best however. I would try the Asiana or KAL lounges.
Old Dec 10, 15, 10:40 am

Programs: CX Marco Polo Green (hahaha)
Originally Posted by Weymar Osborne View Post
I've never been to any of the ICN lounges. Lounges operated directly by airlines tend to be the best however. I would try the Asiana or KAL lounges.
Went to one of the KE lounges on Concourse A back when I was there in September and I have to say for a home carrier's lounge, I was not very impressed. Found the food and drink to be fairly basic although to the lounge's credit, the space was large and spacious and did feature showers.
Old Dec 10, 15, 5:00 pm

Programs: QF Bronze, OZ Diamond, KE
If you're flying out on Delta, you'll be flying out of the Concourse. The lounges there aren't much to write home about. Better bet would be to use the Asiana/KAL lounges in the Main terminal and then take the train to the concourse.

That said, the Asiana/KAL lounges are solid if unspectacular. The food is ok (not replenished often enough), but there's enough space to sit and relax in some peace and quiet.
Old Dec 13, 15, 6:48 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Even the Asiana and KE F lounges are pretty poor for a home hub. The food is edible but not aspirational.
Old Dec 13, 15, 11:57 pm

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Normally use either the Cathay or JAL lounges in the concourse. As others have stated, nothing much to write home about even if clean and decent.

Would much prefer to spend time at either the Airport Grand Hyatt Spa or then the terminal building basement Sauna & Spa.
Old Feb 23, 16, 2:19 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Flying AY soon, and it looks like they use the lounge. I have PP membership, so seem to have quite a few options, but looks as though the CX lounge may be the best option. My flight is mid morning, and I will have breakfast at the hotel so not too worried.

Will report back with my experience.
Old Feb 25, 16, 8:00 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Slight hijack: we will be flying on QR out of ICN and they use the Asiana lounge apparently. The descriptions here do not inspire confidence in the food offering...

Since our flight is after midnight I would like to eat before we board. Are there any restaurants in ICN that are worth dining at - or should we just eat in the city? (I would prefer to use the time at the airport for dining - provided, of course, there's anything decent to be found there.)
Old Feb 25, 16, 10:11 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club, JL Mileage Bank
The airport will be VERY quiet and dead at that hour. There's not much happening at ICN after, oh, 9 after the evening bank of flights out.

I'd eat in the city for sure.
Old Feb 26, 16, 11:38 pm

Thanks, mikesaidyes!
Old Mar 3, 16, 5:28 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA View Post
Slight hijack: we will be flying on QR out of ICN and they use the Asiana lounge apparently. The descriptions here do not inspire confidence in the food offering...

Since our flight is after midnight I would like to eat before we board. Are there any restaurants in ICN that are worth dining at - or should we just eat in the city? (I would prefer to use the time at the airport for dining - provided, of course, there's anything decent to be found there.)
I recommend Jungsikdang or Mingles if you can snag a table.
Old Mar 3, 16, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
I recommend Jungsikdang or Mingles if you can snag a table.
Wow! I Googled those and they look beyond amazing! Thank you.
Old Mar 7, 16, 3:01 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
I flew back from ICN yesterday morning.

I first went to the Business OZ lounge in the main terminal (near gate 28), thanks to my Priority Pass card.

It is large and was not too busy. Quite comfortable and there are relaxation rooms with massage chairs. A small but satisfactory food selection. Limited wine of not great quality but better than what was to follow. I only stayed a short time and then went to Concourse A.

The CX lounge was pleasant but underwhelming. The food was not extensive but as I had had breakfast it did not matter. The Dim Sum was nice.

The only bottle of wine (red) had been removed and was being enjoyed by two selfish passengers. No white or sparkling wine. Usual spirits. It was still early so I was not too bothered and perhaps the wine selection improves later in the day.

On a future visit, I would start with the OZ lounge but as the AY and other not *A flights are not shown on the screen. would go to the allocated lounge (e.g. CX for AY and ow) about 80 minutes before departure time.
Old Mar 10, 16, 4:23 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club, JL Mileage Bank
Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA View Post
Wow! I Googled those and they look beyond amazing! Thank you.
I went to Jung Sik for my 30th birthday. It was some sexy, delicious Korean food. Nice to see how they treated some of the classics that are usually served in a drastically different setting! We had tasting menu with two drinks and coffee for like 100 or so USD each.
Old Mar 11, 16, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by mikesaidyes View Post
I went to Jung Sik for my 30th birthday. It was some sexy, delicious Korean food. Nice to see how they treated some of the classics that are usually served in a drastically different setting! We had tasting menu with two drinks and coffee for like 100 or so USD each.
Well it is a serious contender for my... erm... much bigger-numbered birthday.

Search this Thread