Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where to rent a minivan?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2015, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

Where to rent a minivan?

I will have the pleasure of driving my family around Korea for ~4 days in November so I need to rent a minivan. There are 6 of us total so a normal minivan will do but I plan on driving all of us from ICN to a town 2.5 hrs away from Seoul so may want a larger van, like a 9-passenger one, to accommodate for the luggage.

The best deal I see is on Sixt in Gangnam at around $100 per day for a 7-passenger minivan. Anyone know where I might be able to find a 9+ passenger van for rental at either ICN, Seoul, or anywhere in between? I can read Korean, navigate through Korean websites, but don't have access to Korean bank or credit cards.

Thanks!
Old Oct 17, 2015, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

You probably want to rent a Starex then. Not sure if a Kia Carnival has 9 seats or not.

There's Kumho Asiana hertz, Avis, KT car rental. Probably best for you to pick it up at ICN when you arrive and drop it back when you're going back home.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply. With your hint and further research, I've figured it out.

The vans I was going to rent from Sixt said 12 passengers, which were Starex or Grand Carnival or equivalent. I googled those vehicles, they don't exist in the US, and they looked like minivans so I assumed they fit 7 and not 12. 12-passengers vans in the US are MUCH larger than these vans. So after you suggested Starex, I looked into it more carefully and it turns out they actually do fit up to 12 ppl. Pretty insane for that size. Then I dug into Grand Carnival as well and they have a 11-person configuration. Looking at the seat map, it looks super cramped, like a van I've ridden in South America or South East Asia. Well, these must be the same ones. https://www.kia.com/worldwide/vehicles/carnival.do

So... I booked one of them.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by the1guy
Thanks for the reply. With your hint and further research, I've figured it out.

The vans I was going to rent from Sixt said 12 passengers, which were Starex or Grand Carnival or equivalent. I googled those vehicles, they don't exist in the US, and they looked like minivans so I assumed they fit 7 and not 12. 12-passengers vans in the US are MUCH larger than these vans. So after you suggested Starex, I looked into it more carefully and it turns out they actually do fit up to 12 ppl. Pretty insane for that size. Then I dug into Grand Carnival as well and they have a 11-person configuration. Looking at the seat map, it looks super cramped, like a van I've ridden in South America or South East Asia. Well, these must be the same ones. https://www.kia.com/worldwide/vehicles/carnival.do

So... I booked one of them.
It's a tight squeeze for a Carnival. Starex is bigger and may be a bit more comfortable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.