Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Korea
Reload this Page >

Immigration in incheon or busan

Old Jul 2, 15, 12:03 am
Original Poster

Hi there i have a question. I am going to korea for the first time from August 12-August 30 this year. I will be flying from Wilmington Int'l in NC, to Gimhae Int'l on Delta airlines flights that are operated by Korean Airlines with layovers in Atlanta and Seoul Inchoen.

And i am curious whether i will have to go through Immigration/customs at Incheon or Busan. I am asking because i have to have a permit to be able to carry the medication i take for A.D.D. and the form i have to fill out asks for the "Port of Entry" and "Flight Number".

So if someone could please help me out with this issue i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for your help,
Death44
Old Jul 2, 15, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by Death44 View Post
Hi there i have a question. I am going to korea for the first time from August 12-August 30 this year. I will be flying from Wilmington Int'l in NC, to Gimhae Int'l on Delta airlines flights that are operated by Korean Airlines with layovers in Atlanta and Seoul Inchoen.

And i am curious whether i will have to go through Immigration/customs at Incheon or Busan. I am asking because i have to have a permit to be able to carry the medication i take for A.D.D. and the form i have to fill out asks for the "Port of Entry" and "Flight Number".

So if someone could please help me out with this issue i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for your help,
Death44
Incheon.

Just triple check you don't depart out of Gimpo to Busan
Old Jul 2, 15, 3:39 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Thanks for your help,
Death44
PUS is your final destination?
Old Jul 2, 15, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

Immigration in Inchoen or Busan

Aug 12, 2015 - Departure 2 stops Total travel time:24 h 15 m
custom air icon Wilmington Atlanta 1 h 27 m
377 mi
ILM 7:25am ATL 8:52am
Terminal S

Delta 1215
Economy / Coach (K) | 15A | Confirm or change seats with the airline*
Layover: 3 h 28 m
custom air icon Atlanta Seoul 14 h 50 m
7,132 mi
ATL 12:20pm
Terminal I
ICN 4:10pm +1 day
Delta 7850 Operated by KOREAN AIR
Economy / Coach (K) | Confirm seats with the airline *
Layover: 3 h 25 m
custom air icon Seoul Busan 1 h 5 m
215 mi
ICN 7:35pm PUS 8:40pm
Terminal I
(Arrives on Aug 13, 2015)
Delta 7877 Operated by KOREAN AIR
Economy / Coach (K) | Confirm seats with the airline *

SirJman: here is my itinerary.

Aventine: Yes PUS is my final destination

Thank You
Old Jul 2, 15, 6:21 pm

Programs: UA, NW
In my experience, you go through immigration in the first airport at your destination country or customs region (the Schengen area, for example), whether it's your final destination or not.

When returning from Asia, I always go via a West Coast city (lower costs even with the added domestic flight, more choice of airlines), and that is where I go through immigration, even though my final destination is Minneapolis.

So while I have not flown domestically in Korea, my experiences elsewhere tell me that you would go through immigration in Incheon and only ordinary check-in and security for your domestic flight to Busan.
Old Jul 3, 15, 12:13 am

They consider Incheon to Busan an international transfer and you would clear customs in Busan.

https://www.koreanair.com/content/ko...ncheon-airport

Tips for Transit Exclusive Domestic Flights
These unique domestic flights, between Busan's Gimhae International Airport and Incheon International Airport, operate as international flights. Passengers are not required to pass through customs and immigration until reaching the airport of their final destination.
Old Jul 3, 15, 2:15 am
Original Poster

Thank you very much for the help everyone.
Old Jul 3, 15, 11:53 am

Thank you very much for the help everyone.
Enjoy your trip!
Old Jul 4, 15, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

thank you very much. i will. the main reason I'm going to Busan is because my girlfriend is from there actually
Old Jul 5, 15, 3:58 am

thank you very much. i will. the main reason I'm going to Busan is because my girlfriend is from there actually
Hope you like spicy food! Some of the spiciest in the country.

Search this Thread