Wiki Posts
Search

Easier Airport Train Travel

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2015, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Easier Airport Train Travel

Two juicy events are happening this weekend.

1) Line 9 is opening the extension to Jamsil Sports Complex this weekend. That means if you're in certain areas of Gangnam, that you can hop an express train and get to Gimpo in 30-40 mins. Sure beats Line 2 allllll the way around (or sitting on Olympic Expressway in traffic).

2) Seoul Station opens a new transfer tunnel from AREX to subway Lines 1 & 4. No more going up and through the station! This keeps you underground AND it means you can transfer without extra fare.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
1) Line 9 is opening the extension to Jamsil Sports Complex this weekend. That means if you're in certain areas of Gangnam, that you can hop an express train and get to Gimpo in 30-40 mins. Sure beats Line 2 allllll the way around (or sitting on Olympic Expressway in traffic).
The good news is that the extension includes a stop at COEX, long overdue. But the line 9 express train is already crowded as heck, and I have been crushed in there (literally), so I can't imagine how worse it will get.

Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
2) Seoul Station opens a new transfer tunnel from AREX to subway Lines 1 & 4. No more going up and through the station! This keeps you underground AND it means you can transfer without extra fare.
Nice!

Thanks for the updates.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Line 9 is always crowded, so it's just how it is. I used to commute from my boyfriend's apartment in Gangnam to my old home in the burbs and every day, like clockwork, there were push men and you couldn't lift your elbows.

I just wish they would add the two cars they made space for on the tracks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.