Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Korea
Reload this Page >

ICN to Downtown Seoul

ICN to Downtown Seoul

Old Oct 16, 2010, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: M+ 1P Marriott SPG
ICN to Downtown Seoul

Am going to Seoul in a week or so on United. Everything set up for flight (Business class; looking forward to that).

My question is how to get from ICN to my hotel in downtown Seoul. I've never been there and certainly don't know Korean.

Would appreciate advice from people with experience.

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 8:47 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
This question is best asked in the Asia (Travel) Forum, so it will be moved there.

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
United Mileage Plus Forum
Old Oct 16, 2010, 9:22 am

I prefer the KAL bus, which can be easily arranged after arrival at the airport. Comfortable, much cheaper than a taxi, and they will drop you off at all major hotels.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 12:15 pm

KAL bus limos is the way to go.

http://www.kallimousine.com/eng/schedule_en.asp

cheers.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by 1K+
KAL bus limos is the way to go.

http://www.kallimousine.com/eng/schedule_en.asp

cheers.
+1
Old Oct 20, 2010, 4:29 am

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
As others have said, limo bus all the way!

Check with your hotel to find out what they suggest. There are several limo bus "lines" that each stop at several hotels.

Alternatively, take a general limo bus to the area where your hotel is and then a taxi to your hotel. Taxis in Korea are plentiful and inexpensive. (Except for a taxi from the airport to downtown.)
Old Oct 20, 2010, 3:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
KAL buses have various routes that cater to different hotels and stops. The buses stop right outside some major hotels but not all hotels. Still if your hotel is not on a bus route, its easy enough to get off at another hotel and catch a taxi waiting outside.

I stayed at the Hilton where the bus stopped at the main door dropping me off.
You buy a ticket from the bus ticket booth which lists which hotels are served by which bus routes.

Also took the bus from the main door at the Hilton at 6am for an early flight from ICN. Bought the bus ticket from hotel reception when checking out.

It was the most efficient way to/from ICN. The rail route from ICN to GIP to Seoul Central since is not complete.

Last edited by KenJohn; Oct 20, 2010 at 3:47 pm
Old Oct 26, 2010, 6:01 pm

Programs: Skyteam
There are 2 kinds of limosine buses, one is KAL and other is Red colored ones. Red colored ones seems to be cheaper at 9,000 won.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 6:05 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
The KAL bus is wonderful! It is the most luxurious airport bus I have ever ridden in. It's easy to figure out and make your way into town.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 7:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
I took both the cheaper regular airport limo upon arrival at ICN last month because it was cheaper and stopped a half block from the the Courtyard Seoul at Times Square as well as the KAL limo from the Renaissance after I moved over there for a few nights since the KAL bus stopped right out front of the hotel.

If my hotel was at a KAL shuttle stop I'd go for it because it is that much nicer for what really is a few dollars.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 1:19 pm

Programs: OZ*G
Originally Posted by manneca
The KAL bus is wonderful! It is the most luxurious airport bus I have ever ridden in. It's easy to figure out and make your way into town.
Agreed! Very easy and the person at the counter was quite nice.

I got in late and thought he was a tout but he was actually very helpful!
Old Jan 12, 2011, 7:34 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
I'm flying to ICN on Saturday, arriving at around 9pm. My hotel is somewhere in Seoul:

Doulos Hotel 111 Gwansu-Dong Jongno-Gu

I'm pretty ignorant about how to get there - a little searching here suggests that there might be bus/train options, and that taxis are expensive, but also that the public transport might not be running that late. Any advice would be appreciated!

Edited to add: I just had the bright idea of looking at the hotel website, which has some instructions:

http://www.douloshotel.com/eng/custo...stomer03_1.htm

but it's still rather confusing to me, so any advice from anyone who has traveled through ICN would be great.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by tsg20
I'm flying to ICN on Saturday, arriving at around 9pm. My hotel is somewhere in Seoul:

Doulos Hotel 111 Gwansu-Dong Jongno-Gu

I'm pretty ignorant about how to get there - a little searching here suggests that there might be bus/train options, and that taxis are expensive, but also that the public transport might not be running that late. Any advice would be appreciated!

Edited to add: I just had the bright idea of looking at the hotel website, which has some instructions:

http://www.douloshotel.com/eng/custo...stomer03_1.htm

but it's still rather confusing to me, so any advice from anyone who has traveled through ICN would be great.
I think that your best bet is to take an airport bus. On the hotel map, it indicates that #6002 stops relatively close to the hotel.

Upon exiting customs at the airport, go out of door 11 - there will be a kiosk selling tickets (15000 won) for the airport buses (cash or credit card). Tell them the name of your hotel or print out the web page with the hotel name on it and they will tell you where to stand to pick up the bus.

Although not as quick as the express train, if you have any amount of luggage, I have found it easier to just grab an airport bus. Depending upon traffic, it will take around an hour to get to your destination.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 11:46 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Great - thanks!
Old Jan 13, 2011, 6:20 pm

Either that or AREX to Seoul Station then transfer to line 1. But do this only if you're traveling carry on only.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.