Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Korea
Reload this Page >

International Transfers via Seoul Incheon International Airport - Anyone done it?

International Transfers via Seoul Incheon International Airport - Anyone done it?

Old Jul 28, 2017, 5:57 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Korean Airlines and many other airlines in different alliances like Japan Airlines sell each other's tickets. In these cases, Korean Air doesn't do anything honestly. They don't offer support, they just put you on the plane.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
Korean Airlines and many other airlines in different alliances like Japan Airlines sell each other's tickets. In these cases, Korean Air doesn't do anything honestly. They don't offer support, they just put you on the plane.
Hi thanks for the reply!
yes, they just put me on the plane..

well, I decided that I am gonna bring the hand luggage without the checked bags to save time.
do you think its enough time for me ?

probably gonna deplane around 7.45am, and check in close at 10am. During that time I' need to clear immigrations and custom check, then run to 3F for S7 check in.. what do you think?

Oh one more..

i am confused about transfer desk, probably they can check me in for my S7 flight ?
Old Nov 19, 2017, 11:49 am

I'm so glad I found this forum, already helped answer some of my questions. Thank you all! As for my flight, I want to book a trip directly on the Asiana website for a round-trip ticket from San Francisco (SFO) to ICN to SGN (Ho Chi Minh City). On my flight home, I have about an hour at ICN before boarding to go to SFO. Based on what others have said, I assume I would have enough time. So to confirm, I will not have to retrieve my checked-in baggages at ICN or go through customs..I'll just need to go through security? Thanks so much!!!!
Old Nov 22, 2017, 9:30 am

Programs: NEXUS, Aeroplan, SkyMiles, WestJet, IHG Platinum, IC Ambassador
First time transiting through ICN

I'm scheduled to fly YYZ-DTW-ICN-SIN on DL on 26 Dec. The entire trip is on a single ticket purchased through DL but the ICN-SIN leg appears to be on KE (my ticket states "Operated by Korean Air").

Does anyone know for sure if I'll be able to check my bag all the way through to SIN or, because I'm switching to KE metal, will I have to collect my bag at ICN and clear through security? Secondly, will I need to change terminals (reading earlier messages in this thread leads me to believe that I will need to do so).

I've got a 2hr 5min layover so I'm not overly concerned about connection times but I just want to know what to expect in advance. I'm scheduled to arrive at 1630hrs and depart at 1835hrs in case that makes a difference.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 11:20 pm

You are flying before the new terminal opens. You will arrive on DL in the concourse terminal (gates #100 and above), but will clear transit security and most likely arrive in the Main Terminal (Gates # 1-40something) after transit security.. This is where Korean Air departs. You do not have to check your bags. DL sold you one ticket, so they will check bags all the way through.
Croptop likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 7:44 am

Programs: NEXUS, Aeroplan, SkyMiles, WestJet, IHG Platinum, IC Ambassador
@mikesaidyes: Thank you for this information. Very much appreciated.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 1:12 pm

Anyone have an idea what terminal I will arrive from Jarkata? I have a two-hour layover and will be leaving there for New York. My ticket is Detla Airline; operated by Korean Air.

I'm asking because Line Friends has opened a store in Terminal 1 and 2 and I would like to get a Brown, Connie and Sally plushies.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 12:32 am

Korean Air operates exclusively in Terminal 2. You will be there.
Deafchick likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
Korean Air operates exclusively in Terminal 2. You will be there.
Thanks so much. I guess this means I won't have to transit. Great! Now I can spend more time shopping lol
Old Feb 8, 2018, 3:36 pm

I plan to fly from US to Incheon via. Delta Airline and connect my next leg to Shanghai via. Korean Airline on two separate tickets. I have 3 hours for my connection. Here are my questions:
  1. Do you think Delta would interline my check-in baggage all the way to Shanghai?
  2. If I have to reclaim my check-in baggage, do you think the 3-hour layover is enough time?
  3. If I don't have a check-in baggage, can I just pick up my BP at the transfer desk without going through the immigration counter to recheck in at the landside?
  4. After deplane, do I reach to the KE transfer desk before or after passing the security check line?
  5. Does the international arrival terminal for DL at the same terminal as the one for KE?
Thanks in advance for your helps!
Old Feb 8, 2018, 10:38 pm

https://pro.delta.com/content/agency...e-policy-.html

According to this page, KE is not a partner that they will automatically check BUT they will do it for "An entire journey (itinerary) consisting of Delta-marketed / Delta-operated flight"

I checked and DL website sells KE 895 on their site, so it is definitely Delta marketed. They should check it all the way through.

BUT

If they don't, do worry. The new terminal T2 exists only for KE, DL, AF and KL so it's easy to use AND not that busy.

For transit, I have not done it at T2, but you will stay all in T2. You will follow Transit signs and procedures and do not have to go outside through immigration. Not sure if security or desk is first. You'll be fine, don't worry.

https://kr.koreanair.com/content/kor...ncheon-airport
Old Jun 20, 2018, 4:55 am

Hi .. i just have a question ...
we will be bringing dogs from philippines to the usa via icn. We have korean air but from icn to dtw it will be operated by delta air. The dogs will be as checked baggage from phils to koreA but we need to claim them at icn because delta said that we can carry them inside the cabin.
its just a 4hr layover but do we need to go through all those immigration and customs?
Old Jun 20, 2018, 5:22 am

Programs: AA, DL Gold, UA Gold, HHonors Gold
If you have to claim them, then yes.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 5:20 am

Programs: BA, A3, Hilton, IHG
Hi, got a fairly unusual situation which I need to clarify.

we are flying Asiana, LHR-ICN-SGN

during our 4 hr layover we want to go landside for the purpose of depositing most of our luggage (gifts for family etc) in a left luggage facility to save carting them round Vietnam for a week.

my wife is a Korean citizen, I am English so can enter Korea landslide if required.

is this going to be a problem?
Old Aug 13, 2018, 2:40 am

Nope, UK citizen can enter Korea without a visa, so you can go through foreigner immigration line and wife will use Korean one of course.

Another suggestion instead of left luggage that could be cheaper - mail them via Korea Post (open on weekdays only) or Hanjin Express, both have service inside the airport. VERY cheap like 10-12$ for a GIANT heavy suitcase.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.