Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW: KLM Economy Comfort!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2009, 3:51 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
There is justice: Comfort Economy free only for Flying Blue Platinum members

Voor passagiers die kosteloos in aanmerking komen voor Economy Comfort (Flying Blue Platinum Elite passagiers en passagiers in S, B of X-klasse) is het al mogelijk om een stoel in deze zone te reserveren, via uw CRS.
This at least means that Sky Miles members [and other Elite Plus members] will have to pay, just as us FB members have to pay for second piece of luggage on NW/DL flights [might be better giving both benefits on each others metal though].

Gajan

Last edited by Gajan; Nov 12, 2009 at 4:14 am
Old Nov 11, 2009, 9:25 am

Programs: KLM FB plat / Hertz Pres Circle / AB EB Gold
Hold a flight in economy (Q) on mid december ams-atlanta on kl metal.
Since today I was able to select a seat on the first three rows of economy (selected: 10a) through "manage my booking" while last week it was not yet possible.

There is no special icon what so ever to illustrate whether these front seats are economy comfort.

I am PE so no charge.
Old Nov 13, 2009, 2:37 am

as always, i've selected my favorite seat, 11E, on the 74E for a few flights in Dec/Jan. now that economy comfort will be installed, is this still a good choice? and will economy comfort be available on the 74E by mid dec?
Old Nov 14, 2009, 6:58 am

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M, BA Executive Club, Sofitel Plat, Priority Club, Starwood Preferred Guest
Originally Posted by sniles
as always, i've selected my favorite seat, 11E, on the 74E for a few flights in Dec/Jan. now that economy comfort will be installed, is this still a good choice? and will economy comfort be available on the 74E by mid dec?
Yes I would imagine it's still good, there are no seats in front of you so you don't get extra legroom but you do get double the recline.

All planes will have the Eco+ by 1 Dec.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 9:48 am

Thumbs up Those few inches...

Those few inches may seem little, but the improvement in comfort is huge!
Old Nov 17, 2009, 1:52 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M, BA Executive Club, Sofitel Plat, Priority Club, Starwood Preferred Guest
Please let us know when you experienced it, on which flight etc.
And welcome to FT!
Old Nov 17, 2009, 2:29 pm

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi jetfan,

I've had the opportunity to try it on an MD-11, KL671, AMS-YUL. The extra legroom is quite an improvement indeed. It makes a huge difference not to have your knees against the seat in front of you.

At 6', I did not have a problem viewing the IFE screen, it tilted far enough to be comfortable.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Nov 17, 2009, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
When will this class be bookable ?
Old Nov 22, 2009, 5:53 am

At this moment you can already book this class for all flights departing 01 december and later.
Old Nov 22, 2009, 12:20 pm

Programs: National Executive, Avis First
you can book it now? is it just for the elite members - gold & silver?

i just went to manage my booking and could not book those seats.
Old Nov 22, 2009, 12:32 pm

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Originally Posted by jordanf56
you can book it now? is it just for the elite members - gold & silver?

i just went to manage my booking and could not book those seats.
Hi Jordan,

In principle, it's free for full fare conomy passengers and Platinum members. Gold and Silver still have to pay, even though they get a discount.

I do believe that the press releases indicated that you need to call to book if you don't fall in the free categories until December.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Nov 22, 2009, 2:04 pm

Yes, you can book it if you call. I needed to call today to check something and they told me you can book it now if you depart 1st of december, or later. Unfortunately I depart on friday the 27 of november... The good part is, that IF I can get a proffered seat at OLCI, it's probably Comfort zone...
Old Nov 22, 2009, 6:36 pm

Programs: National Executive, Avis First
ohh really? thanks guys for the info
Old Nov 24, 2009, 11:43 am

Programs: BMI DC Gold, BA Gold, LH SEN, Priority Club Platinum, Nectar purple
My wife and I are flying on rweard tickets in economy to Asia on 28th Dec. I just looked at the available seats and there's nothing in the front part of economy (74E).

Are these seats available only if you call, or will I be able to select online from 1st December ?
Old Nov 24, 2009, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by Doug_1970
My wife and I are flying on rweard tickets in economy to Asia on 28th Dec. I just looked at the available seats and there's nothing in the front part of economy (74E).

Are these seats available only if you call, or will I be able to select online from 1st December ?
I had no issue selecting 11E online for all my flights in Dec/Jan on the 74E to/from Asia (not reward tickets though). Only one seat was taken in the forward section so doesn't look like there are too many people paying for Economy Comfort!

Last edited by sniles; Nov 25, 2009 at 12:16 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.