NEW: KLM Economy Comfort!

Old Jul 18, 2011, 4:30 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by saraoutou
I haven't been flying with KLM for decades. In those times flights were crowded and seat's pitch realy small. So I keep bad records in mind.

I'll fly LIM AMS (772)with KLM as LIM CDG is flown by 777 in 3-4-3 configuration.

Flight is in november so I should be able to book my seat in mid-august.
I have some interests in those EC seats.
But at the end of august I'll become FB gold, so this option will be cheaper.

Do you think it worths waiting two weeks to earn some 30 or is it a risky game ? Thanks for your advices.
I'd wait.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 5:51 am

Programs: FB-LTPE
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
I'd wait.
Also you can monitor availability in MMB under seating - if it appears availability runs out, you can always decide to buy the seat prior to getting Gold status.

But normally availability is good as it appears that many pax buy their EC seats closer to departure date.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 8:40 am

Programs: FB plf; IB oro; LA black
Originally Posted by NB00
Also you can monitor availability in MMB under seating - if it appears availability runs out, you can always decide to buy the seat prior to getting Gold status.

But normally availability is good as it appears that many pax buy their EC seats closer to departure date.
Thanks everyone.
So unlike AF, this means that it is posible to see on MMB how many EC seats are occuped?

And two more questions just in case:
- How does KL count for the 90 days :from the outbound flight (which is AF due du an open-jaw) or from the date of the return flight ?
- I have red about a weird manipulation to have, in case it changes, to have your new status on older reservation, but I don't realy understand if I can could something or should phone FB or AF

Last edited by saraoutou; Jul 18, 2011 at 8:50 am
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:25 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by saraoutou
Thanks everyone.
So unlike AF, this means that it is posible to see on MMB how many EC seats are occuped?

And two more questions just in case:
- How does KL count for the 90 days :from the outbound flight (which is AF due du an open-jaw) or from the date of the return flight ?
- I have red about a weird manipulation to have, in case it changes, to have your new status on older reservation, but I don't realy understand if I can could something or should phone FB or AF
The 90 days is measured from the date of the flight in question. So for your outbound flight seat selection will be able from 90 days before this flight is supposed to leave while seat selection for the inbound is 90 before departure of this flight.

If you go to MMB on the KLM website you can see which EC seats are available. It does not help going to the AF website as all seats there will be grey'd out (as the AF MMB does not have the option to purchase seats).

If you have a positive status change, in order to benefit from this you need to re-enter your FF number. You can phone KLM/AF Reservation and ask them to re-enter your FF number.

If you booked your flight while you were still Platinum as long as you do not get your FF number re-entered the boarding pass will still show Platinum. In this case your EC seat will be free of charge.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 11:38 am

Programs: FB plf; IB oro; LA black
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
I'd wait.
You were right, seams as the EC zon don't fill up as quickly as I thought.

From GajanThe 90 days is measured from the date of the flight in question. So for your outbound flight seat selection will be able from 90 days before this flight is supposed to leave while seat selection for the inbound is 90 before departure of this flight.

If you go to MMB on the KLM website you can see which EC seats are available. It does not help going to the AF website as all seats there will be grey'd out (as the AF MMB does not have the option to purchase seats).

If you have a positive status change, in order to benefit from this you need to re-enter your FF number. You can phone KLM/AF Reservation and ask them to re-enter your FF number. .
You were also right.

Thanks for your helpfull advices.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 9:30 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Originally Posted by Gajan
No, it is not true (presuming the situation is the same as the beginning).

For those passengers who get EC free of charge (FB PE / SM DM/PM) it does not matter if you are on the KL code-share or DL code-share.

For passengers who need to pay to get EC, it is only possible to book an EC seat in advance if you are booked on the KL code-share. You can however choose to wait and book the EC seat at the airport. You could always contact Delta and explain the situation and they can change your flight from DLXXX to KLXXX.
That does however have consequences for earning miles.
This is really poorly implemented; I can't get my entitled discount on my future KL-operated DL-coded flight. Just because it is booked as a codeshare. I'd understand it more if noone on DL-code could access the comfort-seats as that would then be an intergration problem KL-DL. However when it is like this it looks more like laziness..
Old Oct 12, 2011, 9:06 am

Luchtvaartnieuws.nl reports that KLM will divide the EC and Y cabin more clearly. Dividers will be installed from September on the MD11, 772, 77W and A332.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

About time. They should have installed dividers from day one.

Johan
Old Oct 17, 2011, 7:18 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Continental, Delta
klm economy comfort

does anyone have a pic of what economy comfort looks like on the 747? i'm contemplating buying a seat---is there alot of legroom----also does the economy comfort cabin feel like a more private exclusive cabin or does it feel like regular economy class?
Old Oct 18, 2011, 3:42 am

Programs: DL FO
You should look at a map of KL's B747. Due to the long galley, the seating is only 3-2. You are at the front of the aircraft.
There is no way you feel cramped like at the rear of the cabin, IMO.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 6:08 am

Programs: FB
Originally Posted by AAdvantageFlyer
does anyone have a pic of what economy comfort looks like on the 747?
Try the search option; I can remember havingbseen quite a few photo reviews of the KLM 747 Economy Comfort product here on FT.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 6:32 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Gold, AMEX Gold, Virgin Flying Club
Originally Posted by AAdvantageFlyer
does anyone have a pic of what economy comfort looks like on the 747? i'm contemplating buying a seat---is there alot of legroom----also does the economy comfort cabin feel like a more private exclusive cabin or does it feel like regular economy class?
I have only flown Economy Comfort in an MD11, but I suspect the 747 experience won't be that different.

Until KLM install a curtain to separate EC from normal eco, EC does not feel exclusive. You do get extra legroom, but then the extra recline means the seat in front inclines further back into your 'space', so try to go for bulkhead seats to avoid this.

EC seats are better than normal eco, but for me the benefit is marginal, and if it wasn't for the 50% discount given to FB Gold, I probably wouldn't bother.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 6:45 am

Programs: DL FO
IIRC, on a 747, there is a exit between Y+ and Y, so it should be quieter.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 8:09 am

Indeed on the 747, the EC cabin is completely divided from the Eco section.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 6:51 pm

how does klm compare to delta regarding economy comfort?

basically are the seats the same? and service/IFE/food?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.