Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW: KLM Economy Comfort!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2010, 9:14 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by Zazza
do you get any more miles by paying to get to EC zone?
No, you get according to booking class.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 1:27 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by Zazza
do you get any more miles by paying to get to EC zone?
No, as it is not really a different class to Economy, just a seat with extra legroom & pitch.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 4:15 pm

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi all,

Just got off my flight to YUL. The purser came by to all Platinum elites during the flight, and we had a nice discussion about Economy Comfort.

She said that she tries to move any Platinums into EC if there are seats available.

She also said that KLM is apparently considering the introduction of a partition (of some form) to make the separation between EC and coach more visible. She did agree that passengers who paid for EC could get upset if they suddenly saw other passengers move into EC after departure. She indicated that she would provide this feedback to HQ.

Overall, a good flight and clear KLM efforts to recognize elites:
1. Separated boarding line for elites at the entrance to the gate
2. After boarding the children/passengers needing assistance, a enforced call for business class and elites
3. Shortly after take-off, the purser came round all Platinums (and maybe Golds, but I'm not sure) to take our meal order to ensure that we would have our meal choice.
4. A discussion with each Platinum towards the end of the flight to get feedback.

(She acknowledged that she has been hearing a lot of complaints about the Flying Blue earning rules)

With the new priority lanes for immigration, this kind of attention for elites, I get the feeling that KLM is recognizing that they need to take care of their frequent flyers.

I'll compare with AF on my way back ...

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Feb 25, 2010, 2:43 am

Programs: KL/AF Platinum
Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer
Hi all,

Just got off my flight to YUL. The purser came by to all Platinum elites during the flight, and we had a nice discussion about Economy Comfort.

She said that she tries to move any Platinums into EC if there are seats available.

She also said that KLM is apparently considering the introduction of a partition (of some form) to make the separation between EC and coach more visible. She did agree that passengers who paid for EC could get upset if they suddenly saw other passengers move into EC after departure. She indicated that she would provide this feedback to HQ.

Overall, a good flight and clear KLM efforts to recognize elites:
1. Separated boarding line for elites at the entrance to the gate
2. After boarding the children/passengers needing assistance, a enforced call for business class and elites
3. Shortly after take-off, the purser came round all Platinums (and maybe Golds, but I'm not sure) to take our meal order to ensure that we would have our meal choice.
4. A discussion with each Platinum towards the end of the flight to get feedback.

(She acknowledged that she has been hearing a lot of complaints about the Flying Blue earning rules)

With the new priority lanes for immigration, this kind of attention for elites, I get the feeling that KLM is recognizing that they need to take care of their frequent flyers.

I'll compare with AF on my way back ...

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
All of the above was something I did not have in my recent flight to NBO in EC: complete lack of organisation in boarding the plane with no consideration for Elite holders; no talk to Platinum members or advance meal order, or anything of the sort you described above.

In my flight to ADD three weeks ago on C I noted again complete chaos in the boarding of the plane, they have just opened the main gate door and the crowd started boarding with no organisation whatsoever. C pax saw all other pax boarding before. In addition, the crew was very tired and couldnt care less for service.

In December GRU-AMS in C the boarding was organised (but then was in GRU not in AMS), but again the crew was very rude and lacked skills. My breakfast order came wrong (I asked sweet option and they gave me savory), and when I complained the answer of the crew was "sorry, the other option is finished". Is this the treatment you would expect from a Platinum flying C?

Rgs,
Old Feb 27, 2010, 7:28 am

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M, BA Executive Club, Sofitel Plat, Priority Club, Starwood Preferred Guest
Originally Posted by hardiwv
Is this the treatment you would expect from a Platinum flying C?

Rgs,
No, they'd expect you to be more accommodating and not complain but just grin and bear it.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 6:18 am

Programs: KL Plat, SN Gold, DL Plat, HH Diamond, IC Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle,
AMS-DEL in EC

First time I had to fly Economy since the boss has a new policy. Luckily for me platinum gets a free EC seat.

I must say not to bad for the day flight over but for the return overnigth it is still a big step back.

This was on a 744 and there was a curtain that seperated the standard Economy from the EC. Als a single Fa for the whole section and she went outof here way to make the lfight as comfortable as possible. the extra leg room is great. I did not use the recline on the way over as I worked. The one thing I missed was a power outlet but fortunatly my battery last for 6 hours.

On the way back the extra room helps but is not even close to comfortable enough for sleeping.

Overall, I I had to pay for the upgrade I would. It is well worth the extra money on flights longer then 6 hours
Old Mar 6, 2010, 6:34 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
Just a thought: has any FB Gold/Plat travelling in EC (or, in fact, in any l/h Y seat) tried asking for a Delft Huisje? It occurred to me recently that that would be a nice way for FAs to show KL's 'appreciation' of its "most valued customers!"

-- Henry
Old Mar 6, 2010, 6:46 am

Programs: AZ FA+ - AmeX Plat - Starwood Gold - Hilton Silver - Avis Preferred - Hertz Gold
talked with KLM.
nothing they cand o since the flight has been booked thrugh the AZ website.

will need to wait till 30 prior to departure and hope there's an EC seat available
Old Mar 29, 2010, 2:38 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, AA Gold
IAH-AMS in EC

As a Delta Platinum, I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to "upgrade" to EC without paying, but I had a very friendly check-in agent and she changed my seat with no problem. I was in the last row (17) of EC on the 747-Combi and I have to say it was relatively comfortable. The service was exactly the same as regular coach, but the EC mini-cabin did have a much better feel to it (not to mention that it was only half full so I had my own row). The only problem I found with the last row was that the armrests didn't go up all the way, so I was rather uncomfortable when I tried to sleep on the 3 seats, but then again, that is a bonus, not a right on a trans-atlantic flight. (PTV's were already installed and the seatbacks weren't really a problem even when they were fully reclined)

I'm returing to IAH tomorrow and I was "automatically" put into EC on the way back, so I didn't even have to deal with agents in ZRH or AMS. The only bad side is that it looks like the whole plane is full, so won't have as much room to stretch out as the outgoing flight. That being said, I'd much rather have the 35" than the 31" on a trans-atlantic flight.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 7:50 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Increased cost

Just saw KLM's increased the charges for Y+ to up to 130 Euro per sector (+ 10 Euro); translates into 98 € for Silvers and 65 € for Golds.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
Just saw KLM's increased the charges for Y+ to up to 130 Euro per sector (+ 10 Euro); translates into 98 € for Silvers and 65 € for Golds.
Whilst before they used to have two prices (€80 and €120), they have now have 5 price categories: €80/€90 and €120/€130/€140.
I suppose it must be a success for them to do this. When they started, they were talking about a price range of €80-€150, so maybe this is an interim pricing structure.
Below the new price per destination:
ADD
ACC
NBO
ABV
KAN
LOS
KRT
EBB
DEL
ALA
SXM
BAH
CAI
IKA
KWI
MCT
DOH
AUH
DXB
YUL
YYZ
ATL
EWR
IAD
JFK
ORD
CPT
JNB
DAR
JRO
HKG
PEK
PVG
CTU
HGH
DPS
JKT
KIX
NRT
ICN
KUL
MNL
SIN
TPE
BKK
AUA
BON
CUR
PBM
GRU
GYE
UIO
PTY
LIM
YVR
YYC
DFW
IAH
LAX
SFO
Old Jul 18, 2010, 2:28 pm

Programs: Ambassador PC, Silver HH, Platinum SPG, SQ Gold, EK Gold, MH Silver, NationalCar Executive Elite
Just flew KUL->AMS in EC on S fare. The EC zone was partitioned off from the normal economy cabin.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On a 777, I presume? What kind of partition? Something akin to the moveable curtain used on shorthaul aircraft, or a more permanent and rigid structure?

Johan
Old Jul 19, 2010, 4:57 am
Original Poster

I flew AMS-JFK in March on the B772ER and there was no partition there, only a cover on the seats "Economy Comfort".
Gajan
Old Jul 27, 2010, 1:35 am
Original Poster

Changes to EC - booking procedure

Due to a new release, some changes have occurred to booking an Economy Comfort seat:

- It is possible to change your seat now;
- it is possible to book an Economy Comfort seat before the E-ticket has been issued;
- it is possible to ask for a refund for the Economy Comfort surcharge before the flight has been taken, as long as the passenger qualifies for the criteria for refund.

Gajan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.