Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 3A2 - KLM Aircraft and Seating Questions

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2010, 4:36 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by MichielR
Only 8A; 8F has a window.
That would be similar to B739 where only one side has window blocked in row 10.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 4:38 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Henry III
Maybe somebody can work out an algorithm: R = fn(x), where "R" is the row without a window and "x" is as in 'B73x'. Any mathematicians amongst us?

-- Henry

Values from recent posts:

x R
---
4 7
8 8
9 10
This algorithm doesn't work when there is only one side window missing per row [and it seems to be on the port side only].
Old Feb 20, 2010, 6:51 am

I'm flying to Paramaribo WBC on the MD-11. Looking forward of flying on that beautiful plane. Seat 2 J to Suriname and Seat 2A to Amsterdam. Not so much competition on this route... hope that the service will be up to par.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 7:28 pm
Suspended

intra europe seat assignment

Hi
Plat US air and Delta.
Anyway to get advance seat assignments on KLM based on us status?
thanks
Old Feb 25, 2010, 8:55 pm

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi,

Originally Posted by jrhmdtraum
Hi
Plat US air and Delta.
Anyway to get advance seat assignments on KLM based on us status?
thanks
Nope, unless you are flying in business class, it is not possible to get seats assigned before check-in on European routes.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Feb 26, 2010, 1:58 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by jrhmdtraum
Hi
Plat US air
US Air status will not get you much I am afraid, as they are not partners with KLM [one is Skyteam, the other is Star Alliance..]
Old Mar 8, 2010, 2:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Silver
Does anyone know the status of installing AVOD onto the 744s??
Old Mar 17, 2010, 7:03 am

Programs: LH, A3, DL, UA, LAN
Flying AMS-PTY & LIM-AMS in Y and looking for some help regarding seat choice - keeping in memory me being 6.3 foot tall.
I could choose 37G on the MD11 - seatguru says it has more legspace but the G seats have the PTV box underneath or I could choose a normal window seat somewhere. What should it be?
On the way back LIM-AMS it's a 777-300ER and 40G is free - again more legspace according to seatguru but the PTV box... so 40G or any other seat?

Can you do the online checkin for the whole journey 30h before departure or just for the first leg when having a Europe-AMS-PTY connection?
Old Mar 17, 2010, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by johnmc
Flying AMS-PTY & LIM-AMS in Y and looking for some help regarding seat choice - keeping in memory me being 6.3 foot tall.
I could choose 37G on the MD11 - seatguru says it has more legspace but the G seats have the PTV box underneath or I could choose a normal window seat somewhere. What should it be?
On the way back LIM-AMS it's a 777-300ER and 40G is free - again more legspace according to seatguru but the PTV box... so 40G or any other seat?

Can you do the online checkin for the whole journey 30h before departure or just for the first leg when having a Europe-AMS-PTY connection?
Got the LIM fare I see !

You can only do online check in for the outbound and connecting 30 h prior flight. Otherwise you can always pay extra for the coveted Premium economy class seats.

I flew the 777 and found the seats very tight and I'm only 6'. The 77W is even tighter by what I was told by the cabin crew.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 2:10 pm

Programs: LH, A3, DL, UA, LAN
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Got the LIM fare I see !

You can only do online check in for the outbound and connecting 30 h prior flight. Otherwise you can always pay extra for the coveted Premium economy class seats.

I flew the 777 and found the seats very tight and I'm only 6'. The 77W is even tighter by what I was told by the cabin crew.
Yeah, I'm really looking forward going, never been to Peru. Well I'd love to upgrade to Premium economy but I guess I'll try to survive the flight in the back and spend that money in Peru. Thanks for your help though :-)
Old Apr 19, 2010, 1:26 am

Programs: air france, united airlines
We're flying KL602 LAX-AMS in July. We're just casual flyers so yes, we'll be in economy.
Our questions:
1. Do KLM 747-400's have PTV or are the screens overhead?
2. Am sure all seats in econo are tight but please tell me they are a little wider and have just a bit more pitch than ANA. Just came home from Asia and believe me, the last 2.5 hours of the 11.5 hour flight were miserable.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 2:46 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by beauty
We're flying KL602 LAX-AMS in July. We're just casual flyers so yes, we'll be in economy.
Our questions:
1. Do KLM 747-400's have PTV or are the screens overhead?
Answer in the other thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-f...-ptvs-now.html
I believe LAX-AMS is operated by 74M (combi) so chances are that you will still have the overhead screens. If your flight is operated by 744 (full pax) then chances for PTV are a lot higher.

Originally Posted by beauty
2. Am sure all seats in econo are tight but please tell me they are a little wider and have just a bit more pitch than ANA. Just came home from Asia and believe me, the last 2.5 hours of the 11.5 hour flight were miserable.
I'm 6'2" and find them ok. You can select seats 90 days before departure using manage my booking on the KL (and AF) website. Exit rows become available 30 hours before departure on OLCI - at a cost for pax without KL/AF status.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 3:45 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi beauty,

To add to Michiel's answer:

On KL, you can also purchase access to Economy Comfort, which will give you 4 inches of extra legroom. For a long flight, it's well worth it.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Apr 19, 2010, 9:58 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer
Hi beauty,

To add to Michiel's answer:

On KL, you can also purchase access to Economy Comfort, which will give you 4 inches of extra legroom. For a long flight, it's well worth it.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
A single from LAX to AMS costs €120 per segment per person. A discount of 50% is given if you are FB Gold or Skyteam Elite Plus and a discount of 25% is given if you are FB Silver.

Last edited by Gajan; Apr 19, 2010 at 10:03 am
Old Apr 19, 2010, 11:24 am

Programs: air france, united airlines
Originally Posted by MichielR
Answer in the other thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-f...-ptvs-now.html
I believe LAX-AMS is operated by 74M (combi) so chances are that you will still have the overhead screens. If your flight is operated by 744 (full pax) then chances for PTV are a lot higher.

I'm 6'2" and find them ok. You can select seats 90 days before departure using manage my booking on the KL (and AF) website. Exit rows become available 30 hours before departure on OLCI - at a cost for pax without KL/AF status.
Many thanks for taking the time to reply and for sharing your knowledge/experiences.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.