Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 3A2 - KLM Aircraft and Seating Questions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2022, 5:54 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold | Marriott Titanium
Flying a KL 777-200 Business, not sure what to pick: 1H or 5D/G (middle). Alternatively, there's 2H and K and row 6 is also free.

Choices...
Old Sep 13, 2022, 6:17 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, BA Bronze, Ex-skywards Platnium
Originally Posted by thehyrax
Flying a KL 777-200 Business, not sure what to pick: 1H or 5D/G (middle). Alternatively, there's 2H and K and row 6 is also free.

Choices...
Rows 1 and 6 have larger footwells on the 772. Personally, I would take 2K because I like sitting near the front of the cabin and I don't like sitting in the aisle. However, Row 6 feels like a more intimate cabin because it's one row.
thehyrax likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by physicsdude
Rows 1 and 6 have larger footwells on the 772. Personally, I would take 2K because I like sitting near the front of the cabin and I don't like sitting in the aisle. However, Row 6 feels like a more intimate cabin because it's one row.
I heard the FAs walk past row 6 a lot due to serving economy passengers.

Also it's near the bassinet seats so potentially you can be surrounded by infants.

https://www.aerolopa.com/kl-772
Old Sep 14, 2022, 2:54 am

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum, TK Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by night718
I heard the FAs walk past row 6 a lot due to serving economy passengers.

Also it's near the bassinet seats so potentially you can be surrounded by infants.
There is a lot of foot traffic, yes. You will have to figure out for yourself if the bigger footwell is worth it. 6AC has the lav in front of them as well.

Same goes for Row 1 imho, since the C galley is right in front of it. Even with the curtain closed the light can be bothersome, as well as the noise.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 5:15 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Looking for advice on WBC seats on a 787-10 (SFO-AMS). Really two questions: any seats to avoid and do the the bulkhead seats have bigger footwells?

Galley/restroom light/noise doesn't usually bother me but I have large feet and on some seats the footwells are too small for me (looking at you DL 767)

I few on a 787-9 back in the Before Times but I have lost all memory of those times
Old Sep 14, 2022, 7:01 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, BA Bronze, Ex-skywards Platnium
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
Looking for advice on WBC seats on a 787-10 (SFO-AMS). Really two questions: any seats to avoid and do the the bulkhead seats have bigger footwells?

Galley/restroom light/noise doesn't usually bother me but I have large feet and on some seats the footwells are too small for me (looking at you DL 767)

I few on a 787-9 back in the Before Times but I have lost all memory of those times
The footwells are slightly larger in the bulkhead but it's almost identical from my experience. Probably want to avoid 5A or 5K since they're missing windows.

1A is usually my go-to seat in a dreamliner. But a quarter of the time in my experience, it just takes one person to start hover in the little "walkway" from where I'm sitting to get to the aisle and everyone starts to abuse it as a waiting area for the bathroom the rest of the flight. I ranted somewhere on a thread about how this one time a larger woman literally pushed her bottom to my face and had the audacity to call me a pervert when she was the one who decided to take up my space as a place to wait for the bathroom. Otherwise, 1A is a great seat .
TheMadBrewer likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 10:26 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by physicsdude
.... Otherwise, 1A is a great seat .
Thanks, it was open so I'll give it try. Hopefully your lady "friend" won't be on my flight
physicsdude likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 1:00 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Hello guys

been rebooked on this flight and my preferred 3K is gone so are the rest good K seats. Somehow I don't sit in wide body on A seats I just flew Saudi 787-10 and the toilet was located right ahead of 1K before entering to galley which I would like to avoid. The second toilet was next to cockpit door.

I don't want to select 8K as this is red eye where I would like to have meal soon and go to sleep early and on my one and only 78X KL flight AMS to JFK it was painfully slow when I was in 7 or 8K. Also I don't believe much that the crew would serve me before anyone else because of the status, I wish....Is 1A better because of the toilet not being directly in front of the seat (even behind the curtain)? Thanks!

The app shows toilets one way, seat guru the other way and my recent experience on 78X, although Dif airline is also something..
Old Oct 23, 2022, 11:49 pm

Aerolopa is your friend! If I remember correctly, this is the correct layout.
https://www.aerolopa.com/kl-781-3cl
ebayj likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by Didymis
Aerolopa is your friend! If I remember correctly, this is the correct layout.
https://www.aerolopa.com/kl-781-3cl
does not look good at all..but thanks!

Edit: might not be up to date because I remember walking near L2 to use toilet when on my flight AMS-JFK.

Last edited by 747jetter; Oct 24, 2022 at 12:58 am
Old Oct 24, 2022, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by 747jetter
does not look good at all..but thanks!
Edit: might not be up to date because I remember walking near L2 to use toilet when on my flight AMS-JFK.
It looks exactly like the real layout... (You said 787-10, right?)
If you want pictures, take a look over here: https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=Ct5S5QuxBEi
Old Oct 24, 2022, 8:44 pm

Programs: DL 2MM
I will be flying on a 789 soon with a companion. We would like the middle seats but I am torn between 2D/G and 7D/G. Which would you consider to be a better location/seat?
Old Oct 25, 2022, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by BigKenny
I will be flying on a 789 soon with a companion. We would like the middle seats but I am torn between 2D/G and 7D/G. Which would you consider to be a better location/seat?
Row 2 would be a better option if you want to get served quicker. Otherwise all seats are pretty much the same.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 8:06 am

Programs: DL 2MM
Originally Posted by Didymis
Row 2 would be a better option if you want to get served quicker. Otherwise all seats are pretty much the same.
That's what I was thinking as well. Do they start out in the front when they hand out houses or what's the order for that? Gotta consider the most important stuff!
Old Oct 26, 2022, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by BigKenny
That's what I was thinking as well. Do they start out in the front when they hand out houses or what's the order for that? Gotta consider the most important stuff!
The houses are unpredictable. I have had it from the front, I have had it first A row and then K row...so basically 1K was the last to choose. I would also consider booking two windows behind each other - that is what we do now when I travel with my girlfriend or when my dad joins me. Middle seats are made that you have to lean forward a lot to talk to each other.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.