Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 3A2 - KLM Aircraft and Seating Questions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2022, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Aerolopa's seat maps are the most accurate around when it comes to window alignment. 8A looks like an OK choice, bearing in mind that herringbone seat configurations pretty much suck when it comes to looking out the window.

Johan
Eagle2000 likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 4:15 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE. AF-Plat
Originally Posted by johan rebel
Aerolopa's seat maps are the most accurate around when it comes to window alignment. 8A looks like an OK choice, bearing in mind that herringbone seat configurations pretty much suck when it comes to looking out the window.

Johan
Great site! thank you!
johan rebel likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 6:43 am

Programs: Delta GM; FB Plat; HHonors Diamond; Hertz PC; National EE
I'll take a Triple Seven over a Dreamliner any day, but others may beg to differ.
As a tall person, I completely agree on this. The 777 (And new A330) KL seats are the only J seats that I can actually stretch out on, without having to bend my knees.

I've never flown the KL 787-10 though, and have a flight coming up in a few weeks time. I did a quick walkthrough on the KLM 3D site, and looking at the overlap between the table and the footwell/seat in front of it, it seems that 1A and 1K are spaced significantly further apart than the rest of the seats. Can anyone confirm this? Is the footwell for rows 1 the same as for the regular rows? Or is there a difference?
Old May 8, 2022, 1:53 am

Programs: former MD-88 jumpseat Medallion. DL FO, AA PLT PRO. Marriott LT Plat.
anyone know when row 2 on the 777 is usually un-blocked?

We started out on YYZ-AMS on a 777 (can't remember which version) which is 2-2-2, in a window / aisle for the two of us. EQP changed to a 787 so we swapped to 2 seats in the center of that plane. Now the EQP has changed again to a 772, and we ended up in the mini-J cabin in 6D/6G. I have not read favorable reviews on that cabin, and as of now there are no other seats to swap to. It's 4 months away though so I will just keep checking, hopefully some folks cancel off.
Old May 8, 2022, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PurdueFlyer
anyone know when row 2 on the 777 is usually un-blocked?.
Rows 2 and 3 are reserved for FB Platinum members. Any remaining seats will become available at OCLI, although they can also be preassigned earlier if all other seats are taken.

Johan
Old May 8, 2022, 8:48 pm

Rows 2 and 3 are reserved for FB Platinum members. Any remaining seats will become available at OCLI, although they can also be preassigned earlier if all other seats are taken.

Johan
Is it blocked because it's the best seat ?
Old May 8, 2022, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eagle215
Is it blocked because it's the best seat ?
Which seats are best is a matter of personal preference. I prefer a window seat in row 1. I believe the footwells there may be a bit larger, but I'm not even sure. At least I'm tucked away in a corner of the cabin, so to speak.

All non-bulkhead seats are identical, so I guess KL has decided row 2 and 3 should be offered to Plats first because they are at the front, and will (hopefully) be served first, yet not right behind the forward galley (not an issue, in my opinion).

Johan
QG and Eagle2000 like this.
Old May 9, 2022, 3:28 am

Programs: former MD-88 jumpseat Medallion. DL FO, AA PLT PRO. Marriott LT Plat.

copy, thanks!
Old May 9, 2022, 7:48 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, BA Bronze, Ex-skywards Platnium
Which seats are best is a matter of personal preference. I prefer a window seat in row 1. I believe the footwells there may be a bit larger, but I'm not even sure. At least I'm tucked away in a corner of the cabin, so to speak.

All non-bulkhead seats are identical, so I guess KL has decided row 2 and 3 should be offered to Plats first because they are at the front, and will (hopefully) be served first, yet not right behind the forward galley (not an issue, in my opinion).

Johan
Any tips or advice for when sitting in 1A/1K and a stranger sits next to you by chance?
Old May 11, 2022, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by physicsdude
Any tips or advice for when sitting in 1A/1K and a stranger sits next to you by chance?
YMMV, but for me it's a non-issue. The so-called privacy screen is a joke, but I've yet to encounter a neighbor who bothers me, and I'm still sprightly enough to skip over them when asleep. Fortunately, I'm not one of those who needs to use the lavatory every five minutes, I pretty much stay in my seat anyway.

Johan
physicsdude likes this.
Old May 18, 2022, 10:52 am

Thumbs down Plane change

We started out on YYZ-AMS on a 777 (can't remember which version) which is 2-2-2, in a window / aisle for the two of us. EQP changed to a 787 so we swapped to 2 seats in the center of that plane. Now the EQP has changed again to a 772, and we ended up in the mini-J cabin in 6D/6G. I have not read favorable reviews on that cabin, and as of now there are no other seats to swap to. It's 4 months away though so I will just keep checking, hopefully some folks cancel off.
Damn, I was supposed to be on a 787-10, they changed mine to a 777-200 for YYZ-AMS for a late June flight. Boooooooooooo
Old May 18, 2022, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Damn, I was supposed to be on a 787-10, they changed mine to a 777-200 for YYZ-AMS for a late June flight. Boooooooooooo
I would be pleased as punch.

YMMV.

Johan
Solevita likes this.
Old May 18, 2022, 12:08 pm

I would be pleased as punch.

YMMV.

Johan
True, better built...less chance of crashing, LOL
Old May 28, 2022, 6:48 am

I believe this row is normally un-blocked 48 hours before the flight for non plat members.
Old May 28, 2022, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

chance of crashing, LOL
Now that's something I do not give any thought whatsoever.

Johan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.