Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 3A2 - KLM Aircraft and Seating Questions

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2010, 12:05 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by Gajan
I tend to prefer row 1 downstairs, as it gives you unlimited legroom and you get three windows with view compared to less view from the upper deck exit row windows. As there is no one reclining into you, it is pretty easy to access the aisle.

Gajan
Well, if row 1 has unlimited, legroom then 77 has about 10 times that

There is enough room for a normal size handbag between the row 1 seats when fully slippery slopery and the closets, so the person in A can get out of the seat without acrobatics.

There is no recline of a front seat indeed, but that is the same for 77.

I agree about the windows, row 1 has a good view and slightly forward looking. The UD windows are angled so a pretty poor view downward.

Originally Posted by Jac747
Thanks and I like the downstairs forward cabin a lot but I do need to get some sleep on the outbound and sometimes the FA's tend to get into that closet freqently, if KLM has a closet there too?
Indeed there are wardrobes but IME they are not often used by FA's. Mostly for coats and handbagage for row 1 pax who don't have overhead lockers.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 5:34 pm

Programs: DL PM
Good to know, thanks.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MichielR
Indeed there are wardrobes but IME they are not often used by FA's.
I'll second that. If they are used at all before the FA's return jackets and coats upon arrival, it is by pax who want to rummage around in their bags. Happens rarely.

Johan
Old Dec 19, 2010, 2:35 am

Programs: DL DM
flying ams dfw in WBC in about two weeks on an A330, I currently selected seat 1A.. any suggestions about other seats? I'm inclined to believe this is the best seat but then again might be wrong...thankss
Old Dec 25, 2010, 8:20 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by Henry III
True enough, and well publicised on sites such as SeatGuru. But, can anybody -- please -- give me a sensible reason why this should be? After all, it's not as if the doors aren't air-tight, or that the cabin air-conditioning/heating doesn't actually circulate the air around the airplane.

I know (from a friend's experience) that certain areas in Y on - for example - AF A340s can get very cold, but that's because they're right by the aircon unit(s). But why (really, I'm seriously about this) does it get cold near the exits?

-- Henry
The answer has been given in the LH forum.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 1:02 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by KL895
I just need the reconfirmation that 9A has more legroom than 21A, where the slide in the door blocks legroom.
Just to get back to my own question: I've been stubborn and sticked to 9A. Despite the warnings I got I think it's a really good seat. Indeed, if I really streched out (I'm over 1,90) the slide was "blocking" legroom. In a normal position though, there is enough legroom (unlike 21A/K and 35A/K), 2 windows, plenty of overhead locker space and easy access to the seat. Recommended, if you ask me.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 6:07 pm

Sorry to post slightly OT, but maybe someone who is a KLM insider can answer this.
A few years back there was talk that KLM would start doing a stop over at TSE on their AMS-ALA flight. Is this somehting that is still in the plans?
Thanks a lot for your help!
Old Apr 6, 2011, 8:40 am
Suspended

Airbus A330 seat 7A is good but you have to be careful while onboard services are going on as it is along the passage way.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 3:51 pm

Programs: AC E50K
Is the row 12 regular Economy on KLM MD-11 more cramped because of row 11 Premium economy extra recline?
Old Apr 25, 2011, 3:50 am

Programs: DL FO
The question was already asked but no one already answered.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-f...omfort-18.html

Next week, I will fly the 772 and 77W in Y. I will try to provide an answer.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 9:50 am

Programs: AC E50K
Originally Posted by GuillaumeD
The question was already asked but no one already answered.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-f...omfort-18.html

Next week, I will fly the 772 and 77W in Y. I will try to provide an answer.
Thanks, will be waiting for your reply.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 2:29 pm

Programs: DL 3MM/FC/DM LT; LH FT LT; HH DIA
business class 777-200

will be flying with my wife SFO to AMS on a 777-200 in a couple days. I have booked row 1 GJ. Also available 5AC. which one to choose??

Connecting to a Fokker 70, currently in row 1 as well. I am 6'3" (190 cm). How is the legroom since this is a bulkhead?
Old Apr 26, 2011, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by vielflieger
will be flying with my wife SFO to AMS on a 777-200 in a couple days. I have booked row 1 GJ. Also available 5AC. which one to choose??

Connecting to a Fokker 70, currently in row 1 as well. I am 6'3" (190 cm). How is the legroom since this is a bulkhead?
Row 1 on the B777 has the advantage of no seat reclining in front of you and this makes it easier for the window pax to get out of the seat when fully (for what it's worth) reclined. I'd take it over 5AC.

Row 1 and row 5 have AVOD with screens in the armrests so that makes no difference on KLM.

On the F70, row 1 is ok. Not great but as good or bad as the other first few rows and certainly better than any other seat where the pax in front decides to recline.

If you really want legroom on the F70 book row 11 (emergency exit but Economy) but for these short trips I'm always ok in row 1 - at 6'1".

Note that row 1 in the F70 has limited overhead locker space, the ones above are usually full with safety equipment. That said, KLC often gate check larger carry-on bags on these flights anyway.
Old May 19, 2011, 3:44 pm

I'm on a flight to CUR next week, can someone confirm if the economy seats on the 744 have PTV's? i did a search and read some posts, but i can't find a clear statement/thread which answers my question. i'm not sure if only the 747 combi's have been retrofitted or if the normal 747 also have PTV's in economy class? Also seatguru claims that there are only shared tv's in Y. could someone who recently flew this route/plane confirm?

kind regards
Old May 19, 2011, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by Escape
I'm on a flight to CUR next week, can someone confirm if the economy seats on the 744 have PTV's? i did a search and read some posts, but i can't find a clear statement/thread which answers my question. i'm not sure if only the 747 combi's have been retrofitted or if the normal 747 also have PTV's in economy class? Also seatguru claims that there are only shared tv's in Y. could someone who recently flew this route/plane confirm?

kind regards
ALL of KLMs B744s have PTVs now in Y. Enjoy CUR!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.