Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 3A2 - KLM Aircraft and Seating Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2010, 3:05 pm

Location: India, presently residing at 5/12, Jasminr St., Vatika City, Sohna Rd., Gurgaon
Programs: personal Not decided so far
Angry Cramped seats in economy class

Originally Posted by beauty
Many thanks for taking the time to reply and for sharing your knowledge/experiences.
For each reported discomfort, the basic substance of advice is to get more (space), pay more. If due to Video equipment placed under the +50% of seats, the passengers are cramped, it makes no sense in asking him to pay extra for an economy comfort seat.

Despite the yoeman service rendered by one of the sites on various aircraft, you may have only one remote chance of getting two adjacent seats for wife and self. On MD 11 seats E & F are the only adjacent seats free of vedio footrest. On A330-300 to get in-sight-in-mind, companions have to sit accross the Aisle, only if the row is aligned.

The aircraft designers have to redesign the video equipment to make the passenger comfortable. Reverse is unimaginable.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 2:20 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by ROMESH KUMAR AGGARWAL
For each reported discomfort, the basic substance of advice is to get more (space), pay more. If due to Video equipment placed under the +50% of seats, the passengers are cramped, it makes no sense in asking him to pay extra for an economy comfort seat.

Despite the yoeman service rendered by one of the sites on various aircraft, you may have only one remote chance of getting two adjacent seats for wife and self. On MD 11 seats E & F are the only adjacent seats free of vedio footrest. On A330-300 to get in-sight-in-mind, companions have to sit accross the Aisle, only if the row is aligned.

The aircraft designers have to redesign the video equipment to make the passenger comfortable. Reverse is unimaginable.
For what it's worth, the AVOD equipment does not interfere with my legspace in Y on KL. It does, however, restrict the ability to store bagage there.

You can't have it both ways: AVOD and a seat free of the equipment. I'd rather have the AVOD and less storage space.

This is by the way an issue on all planes, older and new ones.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 9:15 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
Originally Posted by ROMESH KUMAR AGGARWAL
Would that be redesigning the passengers to make the video equipment more comfortable?

-- Henry
Old Oct 4, 2010, 12:53 pm

Hi

I booked AMS - JFK on 11th and 18th of November with KLM.
The 777-200 will take me there.

I selected seats in row 40 for both flights. According to seat guru those seats should have some more leg room due to the curve in the fuselage. I've seen this onboard a 747 full pax and the seats seemed a bit packed to me. Can anyone confirm that on a 777-200 the seats are indeed a preferable option? Do they have a good window view as well?
Old Oct 6, 2010, 7:56 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Looking at a possible weekend trip to Tripoli in November.

Clicking on a seat map on AMS-TIP leg it opens up a page with 737-700 Privatair in all-biz configuration.

I presume this is just an error on the website?

It shows in on number of days, in both directions.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by DreCube
Hi

I booked AMS - JFK on 11th and 18th of November with KLM.
The 777-200 will take me there.

I selected seats in row 40 for both flights. According to seat guru those seats should have some more leg room due to the curve in the fuselage. I've seen this onboard a 747 full pax and the seats seemed a bit packed to me. Can anyone confirm that on a 777-200 the seats are indeed a preferable option? Do they have a good window view as well?
Anybody with some feedback? Would be highly appreciated.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 3:43 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Anybody with some feedback? Would be highly appreciated.
I cannot comment on the particular seat, but I can give some advice on the flight to JFK.
I presume you are on the first KLM flight of the day [#641].
At the time you arrive into JFK (1600 hours ish) there are many international flights arriving, so I would prefer getting a seat more to the front as that will ensure you more to the front of the immigration queue.
When we flew AMS-JFK in March we were on of the first off the plane [sitting in row 11] and within 5 minutes of us arriving at the immigration queue, it must have literally doubled. It took us just under an hour to get through, so I can imagine the people behind taking longer to get through.

[if you are an American passport / Green Card holder, I presume this would not be applicable to you].

Gajan
Old Oct 12, 2010, 3:56 pm

Thank you for this feedback Gajan. Yes we'll take the 641. However at this moment row 11 is a economy plus row. We might consider this. How did you enjoyed your flight? Is the 777-200 a nice plane to fly on? I've experienced the 747 and some smaller ones as the 737, a319 and others. This the first time I'll fly on a 777.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 5:26 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
They've changed this now to regular 737-700.

Originally Posted by jms_uk
Looking at a possible weekend trip to Tripoli in November.

Clicking on a seat map on AMS-TIP leg it opens up a page with 737-700 Privatair in all-biz configuration.

I presume this is just an error on the website?

It shows in on number of days, in both directions.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 5:30 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Thank you for this feedback Gajan. Yes we'll take the 641. However at this moment row 11 is a economy plus row. We might consider this. How did you enjoyed your flight? Is the 777-200 a nice plane to fly on? I've experienced the 747 and some smaller ones as the 737, a319 and others. This the first time I'll fly on a 777.
Normal Economy seat start at row 15, so you could try getting a seat there (or more to the front than row 40).
Flight itself was fine. A meal was served after take-off, a mid-flight snack of ice-cream and a pre-arrival hot cake (honey & almonds) or quiche (mozarella & tomato).

Gajan
Old Oct 15, 2010, 1:46 pm

Hey All,

This is my first post here, I've been actively reading these forums and have gotten answers for most of my questions! I'm doing an open jaw flight from Toronto through Berlin and back to Toronto from Rome through Amsterdam both ways. My biggest one was whether or not the proposed flight we may be taking will have PTV on, it seems as though pretty much all of the 747s (which service YYZ) will be done by the end of the year as their website claims (shocking!).

Anyway, my question is about emergency exit seats. I've read all about them in that I know where they are on the aircraft and how cold it can get and etc. etc. etc. My question is regarding the price. KLM's website lists the prices for "extra legroom" type of seats are between 20-70 Euro but gives no breakdown of that price. For example, I was looking at Air Canada's website and they breakdown their emergency exit seat cost by the amount of kms flown. You then have the option to chose a route and it would tell you the cost. No such luck with KLM.

Has anyone flown YYZ-AMS or a route with similar distance? Does anyone know how much it would cost? I'm terribly sorry if this question has been asked before, however, I've looked through all the threads on seats and haven't seen this question asked or answered. Perhaps I'm just not looking hard enough! Also, how hard is it to actually land these seats? Are booking your seats the max 90 days ahead really necessary?

Thanks in advance! I look forward to posting here with some regularity as I find this stuff really interesting!

Nick
Old Oct 18, 2010, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by nicky10013
Does anyone know how much it would cost?
you should be able to pull up your reservation on klm.com ("manage my booking") using your confirmation number and last name (or flying blue account). under "seating", you can change your seat online and see how much each upgraded E seat costs. i believe SFO-AMS was €120 for economy comfort and €70 or €90 (somewhere around there) for exit row.

(i'd paste in a screenshot but i'm too close to check-in, i guess, so it won't let me pull up seating information?)

jon

Last edited by jonk; Oct 19, 2010 at 10:17 am Reason: look at my browsing history, confirmed it was €120 for economy comfort (i searched how much that was in USD)
Old Oct 18, 2010, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by jonk
you should be able to pull up your reservation on klm.com ("manage my booking") using your confirmation number and last name (or flying blue account). under "seating", you can change your seat online and see how much each upgraded E seat costs. i believe SFO-AMS was something like €120 (or was it €170?) for economy comfort and €70 or €90 (somewhere around there) for exit row.

(i'd paste in a screenshot but i'm too close to check-in, i guess, so it won't let me pull up seating information?)

jon
Well, we haven't actually purchased tickets yet, we're not going probably until the new year, maybe spring but KLM has easily been the cheapest for our itenerary so we'll probably book sooner rather than later. I've just been doing prelimenary research. I've actually done this jaunt before on KLM, but did it through a tour group which made all the arrangements. I was just looking for a ballpark and you've done that quite nicely!
Old Oct 23, 2010, 10:39 am

IFE box locations on KLM 777-300ER?

Simple question. Which seats have IFE boxes under them in Economy on the 77W?

Without paying, is there any seats that are different in any way or are there any techniques to give me a greater change of having the set next to me empty?
Old Oct 23, 2010, 11:59 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Frequent flyer 101
are there any techniques to give me a greater change of having the set next to me empty?
Constantly checking load factors and seatmap. What is your routing?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.