FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   KLM Flying Dutchman (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman-493/)
-   -   Lost and Found (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman/926347-lost-found.html)

Concerto Feb 26, 2009 11:25 pm

Lost and Found

Never thought I would have to post this here, but I managed to forget something on a KLM plane yesterday, and didn't notice until I got home. I left a small digital camera in the seat pocket in WBC, on the Vancouver to Amsterdam flight.

Trying to get hold of anyone from KLM to help with this was impossible. The lost and found number is one of those menus that turns you in circles. It seems to be a Schiphol Airport problem, not KLM, so I sent an email to [email protected].

Most of us frequent travellers are pretty careful when leaving an aircraft, even when dozy after an overnight flight. But sometimes a mistake is made. Surely this has happened to some of you out there? Any tips, or success stories, with getting lost items returned?

The camera isn't really worth all that much... it will be a shame to lose the memory card however!

Aviatrix Feb 27, 2009 7:44 am

Some years ago I dropped my Flying Dutchman card on a flight from AMS to Stockholm

About a month later the postman delivered a jiffy bag containing my lost card... and a paperback book that wasn't mine!

Hope your camera gets found by an honest person, and that it will find its way back to you.

jetfan Feb 28, 2009 1:30 am

Try sending an email to KLM Customer Care via their website.

Concerto Feb 28, 2009 3:04 pm

Well, I got an email back from the address I wrote to. Here is what they said:

Dear Concerto,

We inform you that this item has been handed in at the Lost & Found department of Amsterdam Airport Schiphol.

The reference number for the item is: XXXXXX

You, or somebody else, can pick it up, before 13-03-2009 at the baggage depot. After this date, it is NOT at the bagagedepot anymore. Then you need to contact us again for a new arrangement.

Opening hours: 8 am till 4 pm, 7 days a week.

Required:
Reference number
Valid id (of the person who collects the item)
5 Euros administration fee

It can also be send by Courierservice:
- Farjokoerier, tel.+31-72-5039822 / www.farjo.nl (online form)

Mention the reference number, say it is with lost and found, arrange the costs for sending, they will pick it up and send it to you.

Items will be kept in storage until 90 days after registration.

Best regards,
SCHIPHOL DIENSTVERLENING BV

Lost and Found,
Amsterdam Airport Schiphol

Concerto Mar 4, 2009 6:49 am

Just to follow up, in case some of you find yourselves in the same situation. I asked them if they could pop it on a KLM flight, and I would pick it up in Geneva. Here is the response:

There are 2 ways to get your item back:

1. Maybe you know somebody here in Holland who can pick it up. He/she
needs to mention the reference-number / show his/ her id / pay the
adminstration fee of 10.00 Euro. Or,

2. It can be send by Courierservice, Farjokoerier, tel. +31-72-5039822.
Or www.farjo.nl.
Mention the reference number, say it is with lost and found, arrange
the costs for sending, they will pick it up and send it to you.

Items will be stored 90 days.

Best regards,

Lost and Found,
Amsterdam Airport Schiphol

The cost, incidentally, of having an item such as a digital camera mailed home is EUR45 within Europe. Actually, there is a fairly complex list of tarifs depending on where you are. If you happen to be traveling, and want to time a delivery with where you, not that they only pick up from Lost and Found on Tuesdays and Fridays.

Concerto Mar 4, 2009 6:51 am

Just to correct the last sentence, "If you happen to be traveling, and want to time a delivery with where you happen to be at a given time, note that they only pick up from Lost and Found on Tuesdays and Fridays". Therefore, sending will presumably be done on those days only.

Cupart Mar 4, 2009 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Concerto (Post 11337432)
Required:
Reference number
Valid id (of the person who collects the item)
5 Euros administration fee

Originally Posted by Concerto (Post 11358261)
1. Maybe you know somebody here in Holland who can pick it up. He/she
needs to mention the reference-number / show his/ her id / pay the
adminstration fee of 10.00 Euro.

How come the admin fee just went up from EUR 5.00 to EUR 10.00???? :confused:

Concerto Mar 4, 2009 1:57 pm

That is a good question. However, I'm just going to pay the EUR45 to get back and not worry about it. I think it's a good enough deal to get my camera and memory card back.